Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla continues to add more New/Inventory cars for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EV-CPO

Global Vendor
Jan 3, 2018
https://ev-cpo.com
Thread bump. Hundreds more NEW Inventory car being added today!

53 new 2018 75Ds starting at $75k ($67,500 with tax credit)
75 new 100Ds starting at $94k ($86,500 with tax credit)

And the numbers continue to increase as I write this.

And today's the very last day to get free, unlimited supercharging with a referral code.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-5_19-27-4.png
    upload_2018-9-5_19-27-4.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
About 100 additional Inventory Model Ss dropped today.

All are 100D or P100Ds, with the exception of just one 75D.

Showroom discounts range from $5,700 on 100Ds on up to $20,600 for a loaded P100D.

All New/Inventory cars are also eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit through 12/31/18 as well as other state and local credits.

For instance, this loaded 2018 P100D is available for $117,600 (after tax credit and showroom discount).

View attachment 332262

20 New Model X inventory cars were also added today, all P100D or 100D cars, with discounts ranging from $6,200 to $22,400.

If you're looking for used/CPOs, 6 new CPO MS listed today, ranging from $49,700 to $70,800. A mix of 60, 70, 70D and 75D cars.

And of course, Unlimited Free Supercharging is still available until September 16th with a referral code, available on our site: EV-CPO.com

Great Price. Lets see how well some of these used 130k P100D's sell now.

Why? This is the first big dump of Inventory cars since Q2 ended.

My point being that if they held new cars since before 6/30, they would have released them in July to maximize cash position . The other possible explanation is that demand is a little softer on S and X, and they have extra production .

Obviously all speculation on my part.

My point being that if they held new cars since before 6/30, they would have released them in July to maximize cash position .

Right, that's how normal companies might act. But this is Tesla. After watching pretty much every move Tesla has made with regards to CPO and Inventory cars since 2015, I can tell you that logic does not prevail at Tesla. Not logic we are privy to, anyway.

And we're only talking a few hundred cars, which doesn't make a huge dent in cash position (say $60 million). At the end of June, Tesla had $2.24 billion in cash, so even if they could have sold every one of the New/Inventory cars just listed immediately in Q3, it would have added just 2.5% to their cash position. Not a big deal.

But if they are tightly controlling car sales in Q2 to make sure that they don't go over the 200,000 threshold, every single sale matters, and holding back Inventory cars is an easy way to cut back sales without slowing down production. Why they waited this long to release them is anyone's guess, and there are many possible reasons we could speculate as to why, but I can assure you that nothing we speculate will be close to the real reason they are just releasing these cars now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorg
Right, that's how normal companies might act. But this is Tesla. After watching pretty much every move Tesla has made with regards to CPO and Inventory cars since 2015, I can tell you that logic does not prevail at Tesla. Not logic we are privy to, anyway.

And we're only talking a few hundred cars, which doesn't make a huge dent in cash position (say $60 million). At the end of June, Tesla had $2.24 billion in cash, so even if they could have sold every one of the New/Inventory cars just listed immediately in Q3, it would have added just 2.5% to their cash position. Not a big deal.

But if they are tightly controlling car sales in Q2 to make sure that they don't go over the 200,000 threshold, every single sale matters, and holding back Inventory cars is an easy way to cut back sales without slowing down production. Why they waited this long to release them is anyone's guess, and there are many possible reasons we could speculate as to why, but I can assure you that nothing we speculate will be close to the real reason they are just releasing these cars now.
It may not necessarily be about cash position as you rightfully observed but more about relative cars sold to which has a psychological push on the stock price given the sales numbers are so low to begin with, relative to other big automotive companies.
Looking at the historical Model X sales, there' been a large increase from August to September. That said, I hope there is a bigger battery coming.
Tesla Model X US car sales figures

Looks like Tesla is slowly adding some more CPOs tonight. If you're in the market for a good deal CPO(Used), keep an eye out for newly listed cars tonight. I haven't had a chance to review the new additions for good deals, but lots of new CPO listings going on now.