Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla ContiSilent tire quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla provided me an unsolicited tire quote when I had my model X in for service. I was surprised the quote per tire was within about $10 per tire of what it would cost without shipping to buy them from Tire Rack. I would have never thought to get Tesla pricing on tires but I might well buy them from Tesla when I need them.

Attachments

• TeslaSSTireQuote.pdf
    67.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
One word of warning - The Conti warranty is a bit ambiguous when purchasing directly from the car manufacturer. That's because the warranty does not apply to OEM tires that come with the car. I ran into this problem when I purchased a tire from Tesla service, only to have it get a sidewall tear while driving on the freeway a couple weeks after purchase. Conti has a 12 month hazard warranty so I called them up. Initially Conti could not find Tesla as an authorized reseller. Fortunately, the very kind and understanding lady I spoke with got in touch with a local reseller who agreed to service under warranty. I just had to pay mounting/balancing, taxes and CA fees.

If you buy from an authorized Conti reseller, you just work directly with that reseller for warranty. Tesla was of no help when I called the SC and to this day I don't know if buying from Tesla qualifies for Conti warranty.

My tires are getting down to around 4/32, so I'm actively "hunting" for new tires. The current set of tires are Conti Contacts, which I know are the OEMs but I'd be surprised (after reading some other comments in different tire threads) that these are the original set. I bought my X used so I have no way of knowing whether they are or are not. The set that are on my car are noisy, so I'm thinking maybe they are the "silent" tire that came with the car. Is there some indication on the tire that says whether or not they have the foam inside? I'm looking at different brands (Tire Rack has a Yokohama tire that is the correct size and load for the X). MUCH cheaper than the Conti. Trying to decide whether to be a guinea pig. Any thoughts?

My tires are getting down to around 4/32, so I'm actively "hunting" for new tires. The current set of tires are Conti Contacts, which I know are the OEMs but I'd be surprised (after reading some other comments in different tire threads) that these are the original set. I bought my X used so I have no way of knowing whether they are or are not. The set that are on my car are noisy, so I'm thinking maybe they are the "silent" tire that came with the car. Is there some indication on the tire that says whether or not they have the foam inside? I'm looking at different brands (Tire Rack has a Yokohama tire that is the correct size and load for the X). MUCH cheaper than the Conti. Trying to decide whether to be a guinea pig. Any thoughts?
Should have clarified I have 20" tires

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
IMG_3492.JPG

That's a really good price for the tires. I was quoted $1600 for the 20" ContiSilent from a tire shop last week. I decided to go with Conti ExtremeContact D06 instead (I have them on my Model 3 too) as it was $1290. The ExtremeContact ride is so much more quieter than the OEM tires! So does the foam really do anything? I am hoping the ExtremeContact will last longer too... as my OEM 20" only lasted 35,000 miles... it has 3/32 left.

• Informative
Reactions: 5JMJ
When I was looking for new tires I was told by Tesla that they don't provide any warranty services or flat repair on the replacement tires. I ended up ordering from tire rack and bringing them to my local tire shop (Les Schwab) for installation.

My factory set lasted about 33k miles and I was in low or very low most of the time. Only have a 75D though so I couldnt chew them too hard with acceleration.

Tesla provided me an unsolicited tire quote when I had my model X in for service. I was surprised the quote per tire was within about $10 per tire of what it would cost without shipping to buy them from Tire Rack. I would have never thought to get Tesla pricing on tires but I might well buy them from Tesla when I need them.
I just got my quote for two front tires replaced thru the SC. 776.93 out the door for my 265/45/R20 Conti-Silent NO WARRANTY Discount Tire has them for 850 or so installed with the warranty. That makes more sense.

I wouldn't take a Conti even if it were free. I had a tread separation on a R front tire and had to limp home at 5-10mph for 15 miles to get rid of that tire. It was OEM. Longest 3 hours in my life. Used a hack saw to cut the metal fibers flopping into my wheelwell. Never before have I had a tread separation, I thought that happened on recaps or crap tires. Worst tire company ever.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I wouldn't take a Conti even if it were free. I had a tread separation on a R front tire and had to limp home at 5-10mph for 15 miles to get rid of that tire. It was OEM. Longest 3 hours in my life. Used a hack saw to cut the metal fibers flopping into my wheelwell. Never before have I had a tread separation, I thought that happened on recaps or crap tires. Worst tire company ever.
Sorry that happened. I'm on OEM Conti-silent 80k miles (two MX cars) and only had a nail or screws or a rock loss of pressure. Fixed by local shops.
You are un-lucky, bot don't blame the OEM pal.