Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Contracts/Documents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know who/where to speak with someone at Tesla regarding their provided documents after ordering a Tesla? I’m currently trying to find out the technicalities behind the “Order Agreement” and the “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement”, specifically how the dates on the produced documents are generated. My Order Agreement and Purchase Agreement are different by one day and that one day difference could cost me a $5,000 rebate from NJ.

For reference, I configured and put down the $100 deposit on my Tesla at 7:05PM ET 12/15/2020, this date is reflected on the Order Agreement. However, on the Purchase Agreement the date “Accepted by Customer on” is 12/16/2021.

Why are these dates different? Is it because I made my deposit later at night and Tesla didn’t generate the Purchase Agreement until the next business day? Does the Purchase Agreement coincide with VIN assignment? Are the terms not exactly the same between the two agreements? ChargeUp NJ website clearly states to be eligible for the rebate you must order by 12/15/2020, however, they take the date from the Purchase Agreement to verify this date. I feel like I’m being caught in the fine print of all this.

Last edited: