TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Control with PC?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Buster1, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Buster1

Buster1 Member

I read a little about the Visable Tesla, but it sounded like maybe it wasn't supported anymore?

Is there a way to "control" your Tesla from a desktop computer? A web-based interface or maybe a program on the computer? I'm not talking about phone apps or the like.

Thanks.

2. animorph

animorph Member

TeslaFi.com can do the basic controls from a web page. However, it is mostly a logging service that charges a small subscription fee.

3. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Thx, I'll check it out. I sometimes have no cell phone and would like to pre-cool/heat the future car out in the parking lot from my computer before leaving work.

4. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

There is also a Python library where you can run Python code to control your Tesla and that will run from any OS where you can install Python.

Even for the Linux stuff - if you have Windows 10 x64 you can install the Bash prompt for Windows 10 and do any of the Linux command from that.

6. jim5359

jim5359 Member

7. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Thanks guys, I didn't know about the Store!