Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Corsa 3rd Event - Announcement March 31st!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:)
Pobst.PNG

While you can rent an RV spot, and some of them do have NEMA 14-50 outlets, we popped the main breaker several times last event, when everyone would plug in. Since Buttonwillow has 2 superchargers within 20 minutes, its pretty ideal to just head out to one of them between sessions.

Where are the reviews! what time did Randy get!

There was plenty of "media" coverage there with a few youtubers, so there will be plenty of coverage in the days to come. Meeting Randy and getting his insight/opinions on the Model 3 was pretty special.

I was beat from traveling prior to the event, so I only ran at about 7/10ths, but it was another great time!

Great time yesterday. It was a pleasure speaking to several friendly forum members. Ultimately I did not end up bringing my non-P AWD. Instead I shared time between two buddies's non-P AWD and 911.1 GT3.

Was unable to attack in the non-P AWD due to horrendous brake fades. Despite having MPP Rotor upgrades (front & back) and ATE Type-200 brake fluid, the particular pads he had were simply not suited for the track use. Bummer. The GT3 was of course incredible, but I digress.

I believe Randy Pobst managed a 1:58.x (?) early in Kevin's #carbonceramic car and clearly he had more left in reserve with more time and tweaks. Given the platform (the model 3), anything sub-2:00 at Buttonwillow is impressive.

I was particularly impressed by the gentlemen in the blue P+ who managed 2:01 with what I think were just RE-71 on 18" wheels and brake fluid as only upgrades. Sorry I forgot your name, but great job and thanks for letting us leech off of your 14-50 plug.

Cheers,
-Clint

Reactions: kbecks13
Great time yesterday. It was a pleasure speaking to several friendly forum members. Ultimately I did not end up bringing my non-P AWD. Instead I shared time between two buddies's non-P AWD and 911.1 GT3.

Was unable to attack in the non-P AWD due to horrendous brake fades. Despite having MPP Rotor upgrades (front & back) and ATE Type-200 brake fluid, the particular pads he had were simply not suited for the track use. Bummer. The GT3 was of course incredible, but I digress.

I believe Randy Pobst managed a 1:58.x (?) early in Kevin's #carbonceramic car and clearly he had more left in reserve with more time and tweaks. Given the platform (the model 3), anything sub-2:00 at Buttonwillow is impressive.

I was particularly impressed by the gentlemen in the blue P+ who managed 2:01 with what I think were just RE-71 on 18" wheels and brake fluid as only upgrades. Sorry I forgot your name, but great job and thanks for letting us leech off of your 14-50 plug.

Cheers,
-Clint
Craig and I battled it out and had a good old time. He beat me in the end but man was it fun. I am d Mosto and have the white M3P- with re71r and the full MPP brake upgrade with Castrol srf.

A8C19FEE-B209-4017-9C9F-C073B81DC403.png

Craig and I battled it out and had a good old time. He beat me in the end but man was it fun. I am d Mosto and have the white M3P- with re71r and the full MPP brake upgrade with Castrol srf.

View attachment 392620
Fantastic job @Lucky13! I may have seen you towards the end of the day trading battle story with Craig, while we were packing up to leave. Do you know if Craig's running stock P+ pads?

Last edited:
Both guys did a hell of a job, that's pretty impressive - the 2:01.790 is Randy in a totally stock P3D. I think tires are the main difference there as Randy likely got the fast lap before brakes would overheat.