Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Corsa 3rd Event - Announcement March 31st!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both guys did a hell of a job, that's pretty impressive - the 2:01.790 is Randy in a totally stock P3D. I think tires are the main difference there as Randy likely got the fast lap before brakes would overheat.

Randy is obviously an amazing driver. I was happy to get in to that time zone on stock suspension and with a 200lb passenger. Funny enough my best lap was with a passenger, maybe it helped. Lol

I wish I could have went out with Randy and learned some lines or at least followed him. I would hope to break the 2 minute barrier with stock suspension but don't know if I have the skill or can be patient enough not to modify my car more before the next event.

Great event! I'm getting better, but still about ~10s off the best times. My personal best was 2:11, a 6 second improvement from my fully-stock run at Corsa 2. This time, I came prepared with pad, fluid (Motul), and stainless steel line upgrades from UP.

I still ended up with a soft pedal at the end of the day. How do you guys manage to keep your brake temps under control? Do you alternate between fast laps and cool down laps?

I still ended up with a soft pedal at the end of the day. How do you guys manage to keep your brake temps under control? Do you alternate between fast laps and cool down laps?

Yep, you probably just went fast for the whole session? I typically do a medium lap after the fast one (not totally slow, maybe a 2:30 or 2:40 time instead of 2:10 with less braking)

Great event! I'm getting better, but still about ~10s off the best times. My personal best was 2:11, a 6 second improvement from my fully-stock run at Corsa 2. This time, I came prepared with pad, fluid (Motul), and stainless steel line upgrades from UP.

Granted I was in the beginner group but I averaged 2:18 the last session. I never had brake fade but had one heat warning during the second lap. I realized after that my AC was on the whole session (oops). I've got a Stealth with the MPP BBK in front and rear, brake lines and MPP street pads up front. Could be that stock PUP isn't quite up to snuff.

I do similar to kbecks and treat every other lap as a cool-down before trying a fast lap. The stock rotors on the RWD are a joke, so they have to be managed carefully to not overheat. The challenge I have with the cool-down laps is that I don't want to slow those behind me, but also don't want to give them a point-by right before starting a fast lap. That often causes me to go a little faster on my slow laps than I'd like. Finally did find the right SD card with my best lap, a 2:12, which was the very last lap of the day after two fairly slow laps.

Yep, you probably just went fast for the whole session? I typically do a medium lap after the fast one (not totally slow, maybe a 2:30 or 2:40 time instead of 2:10 with less braking)

Yeah, I was hammering it the entire session. It makes sense to dial it back after a fast lap, good tip! Interestingly, I did not get the brake temp warning on the screen this time, but I could definitely feel it in reduced pedal firmness. The car never had trouble stopping, which is good.

Granted I was in the beginner group but I averaged 2:18 the last session. I never had brake fade but had one heat warning during the second lap. I realized after that my AC was on the whole session (oops). I've got a Stealth with the MPP BBK in front and rear, brake lines and MPP street pads up front. Could be that stock PUP isn't quite up to snuff.

Nice. Was that on the stock all seasons, or did you switch to other wheels/tires?

Interestingly, I did not get the brake temp warning on the screen this time, but I could definitely feel it in reduced pedal firmness. The car never had trouble stopping, which is good.

Yea i've seen that brake temp warning twice and both times i got the warning AFTER noticing brake fade, so it's not the best alert TBH. By the time you get that alert, your brakes are pretty darn hot and you need to be super careful.

Interesting I have the same brake set up and my friend ran my car the first session of the day in green group and had brake fade right away.

Rest of the day was really disappointed I choose the MPP street pads. Interesting you had no fade with same pads.

My best time of the day was 2:19

I had the white/white dual motor with MPP rotors, lines, and pads with ATE fluid. 20” Performance model wheels and tires @ 38 psi

Last edited:
Yea i've seen that brake temp warning twice and both times i got the warning AFTER noticing brake fade, so it's not the best alert TBH. By the time you get that alert, your brakes are pretty darn hot and you need to be super careful.

We got this alert right away by the second lap! So you are all not getting this alert constantly?

It was nice meeting you by the way, we ran into you one more time at the super charger at the end of the day by the gas station.

George

Interesting I have the same brake set up and my friend ran my car the first session of the day in green group and had brake fade right away.

Rest of the day was really disappointed I choose the MPP street pads. Interesting you had no fade with same pads.

My best time of the day was 2:19

I had the white/white dual motor with MPP rotors, lines, and pads with ATE fluid. 20” Performance model wheels and tires @ 38 psi
Is possible I had some fade and don't notice. I'd never driven on a track before. I never felt like the brakes changed much.

The first session I ran at stock 41 psi cold. That was far too stiff. The next one I dropped it down to 33psi cold per Randy Pobst suggestion. Hot they went up to 38psi. That felt perfect.

The MPP pads look barely worn. I also tried using regen as much as I could in some areas but got more aggressive with the brakes with each session where id go max speed and hit brakes hard right before a turn.

I've also got Motul brake fluid.

Steven Chan by far with 2:06.7. My 2:12 was next fastest, but paled in comparison. His mods are listed in his video description.

Pretty mild mods... and it’s still pretty quick. This is motivating me to see what the rwd is capable of.

Wonder how much quicker it can be with coilovers, light weight 18 inch wheels + wider tires, and MPP’s Party Box.

Wonder if the rwd is able to be driven at 100% for a whole session without the computer dialing back the power.