Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Corsa 4 at Laguna Seca 6/28-29

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping they bring Sasha and a car that can beat Lucid Motors 1:39.30 lap time. :D

Done deal again on Sunday at Laguna Seca ReFuel 2019:cool:

upload_2019-6-30_21-18-12.png

Last edited:
I am not a racer, I learned to drive in a '66 VW Bus, we went to the factory in Wolfsburg to get it when I was 4. When Chill mode came out I turned it on and have yet to turn it off. So I don't know, how can you tell your brakes are overheating? The smell of burning brake fluid in the air? On my Sprinter motorhome (my *big* Bus) I can tell because the rotors begin to warp on long downhill stretches. Scary

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Really good time Sasha and Richard :)

I received my Model 3 Performance last week(I sold my Camaro SS 2017 to buy a Tesla)
I drove Civic Type R 500hp, NSX NA1 Turbo on track for many years , the Model 3 seems to be really awesome.
In mountain the Model 3 is really easy to drive, but the brake are too soft, I have to change the brake pad, create a aluminium deflector, RBF600, maybe it will be enough, I will se.

Here's the only session I recorded in my bone stock P3D.
By the end of the second hot lap I was already getting the "brakes temps high" warning, so I overshot turn 11..
But overall I was able to dip into the 1:46's with a friend in the front passenger seat, so pretty happy with my performance :)
Before my next track event I will definitely upgrade the brakes (pads, lines, fluid at the minimum!)

Last edited:
Missed out on this. Would love to get in on the next one if it's in NorCal.

Curious though on what the charging strategy was for the participants. Charge to full at Salinas SC then hope it lasts whole day? Trickle charge at the track? Lunch break back at the SC to top off? How many sessions were there on each day and what SOC did you leave the track at?

Missed out on this. Would love to get in on the next one if it's in NorCal.

Curious though on what the charging strategy was for the participants. Charge to full at Salinas SC then hope it lasts whole day? Trickle charge at the track? Lunch break back at the SC to top off? How many sessions were there on each day and what SOC did you leave the track at?

All of the above! I was personally staying in Salinas both nights and charged at that SC to close to full, then drove to the track on both days.
There were 4 sessions on Friday (for advanced drivers only) and 6 sessions on Saturday (3 advanced, 3 beginner).

On both days there was a long break in the early afternoon, about 4 hours, to allow folks to head out to the nearby SCs (Salinas, Seaside, Monterey).
I went to the Monterey SC on Friday but there were plenty of 14-50 plugs at the track, so armed with a gen1 UMC that allows the car to charge at 40amps continuous, I did not leave the track on Saturday and had enough to last me the 3 sessions.

All of the above! I was personally staying in Salinas both nights and charged at that SC to close to full, then drove to the track on both days.
There were 4 sessions on Friday (for advanced drivers only) and 6 sessions on Saturday (3 advanced, 3 beginner).

On both days there was a long break in the early afternoon, about 4 hours, to allow folks to head out to the nearby SCs (Salinas, Seaside, Monterey).
I went to the Monterey SC on Friday but there were plenty of 14-50 plugs at the track, so armed with a gen1 UMC that allows the car to charge at 40amps continuous, I did not leave the track on Saturday and had enough to last me the 3 sessions.

Thanks for the charging info. Good to know 14-50 outlets are plentiful. Wow, 4-hour break is a long time. How many other groups/clubs were there besides TeslaCorsa? Only 3 sessions seem too few per run group, especially with that entrance fee (around $300 IIRC).

Thanks for the charging info. Good to know 14-50 outlets are plentiful. Wow, 4-hour break is a long time. How many other groups/clubs were there besides TeslaCorsa? Only 3 sessions seem too few per run group, especially with that entrance fee (around $300 IIRC).

It was $300 for Friday (4 sessions) and $400 for Saturday (3 sessions per group).
There were 5 other groups running, mostly gas cars but I did spot a couple of Tesla’s also running in those.