Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cpo pricing logic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Can someone pls explain to me how pricing for Tesla CPO cars is done? I’ve tracked the pricing of various used Teslas trying to find one to buy. Last week prices of cars would reliably drop daily until those cars sold. This week similar spec cars I’ve seen prices go up instead of down, for example. Is there some logic or cyclical nature to the process?

Thanks

Is there still a way to see actual photos of the car? I remember back in the day I could hack the url to bring it up.

If not, can I refuse delivery and save costs by going to the CPO location? Is there an no refunds order fee regardless ?

Is there still a way to see actual photos of the car? I remember back in the day I could hack the url to bring it up.

If not, can I refuse delivery and save costs by going to the CPO location? Is there an no refunds order fee regardless ?
No, you cannot see photos, but a Tesla SA will share any repairs Tesla made on the car.

If you refuse delivery, you lose the order fee, unless you can prove the car does not meet Tesla "used car" specifications. This is how it was for MDR in Los Angeles. In my opinion, it's a gamble, and not a very pleasant CPO (if you can call it that) purchasing experience. Honestly, I think they look for obvious imperfections to repair like a major dinga, remove all non-factory tint, and wash/vacuum. I doubt they even detail the car.