Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CPO Process - Communication Frustration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last October was in Seattle for a test drive with the wife. The rep there ID'd a CPO 2013 P85+ that "just came up and would soon be available." I don't think it's a coincidence that the Model S refresh came out the same time these 3 year leases come due. Anyway, when an owner trades in a vehicle, lots of things need to happen like title, changing back to original config (19" wheels back to 21"), etc...
Took us 1 ½ months to get the car. :)

UPDATE.....just took delivery on our 2014 P85. Car is as awesome as we new it would be! It's brown, so if you see us tooling around the Kitsap Peninsula (Jaymc5) give us a wave!

Question - Our car came with third row seats, which are now removed. What do we do - store them? Is there a secondary market for these?

On a sour note - Communication/response/customer service non-existent to the end. If it were not for a family member who owns a Tesla, we would have totally walked away from this.

Off to "push buttons" and see what this baby will do......!

?
On a sour note - Communication/response/customer service non-existent to the end. If it were not for a family member who owns a Tesla, we would have totally walked away from this.
This is strange. I just took my CPO delivery last Saturday and my experience was great, they spent 1h with us walking us through all the stuff inside and out. Best 'new' car delivery I have ever experienced so far.

Having said that - in a day or two you'll get survey from the mothership, with, what looks like, unlimited space for comments if you rate any of the questions 6 or less (the comment fields disappear if you select 7-10 which I find amusing). Copy and paste your frustrations there :)

Yes, the two twenty-somethings that met us at pickup were the best aspect of the entire purchase process. I agree. Not knocking them personally at all. Those two guys are at the bottom of a long "food chain." Day of pickup we were unable to obtain confirmation of pickup location (Bellevue or Seattle) without three phone calls by us. FInally received an email from (the illusive) "Marshall" AFTER we were already committed and walking onto the ferry from Bremerton. There's more, but not going to rant here, as it's not productive.

Received survey, ranted a bit there. But really....do you think anyone will actually read that and take action?

My understanding of the delivery process is that cars are often delivered in batches to a dealership. As a result, they swing between being swamped and having extra time on their hands. When I picked up my 75D the dealership was humming. There must have been 30 cars in the 'lot' being prepped for delivery that day. For an averaged sized dealership in this area that would have been a week or more worth of deliveries.

A week later when my DS called me for a follow-up, we had lots of time to chat and discuss the car.

Received survey, ranted a bit there. But really....do you think anyone will actually read that and take action?
I believe somebody will read them. Having been on receiving end of those surveys many times, I've read them all, the longer the comment the more attention it got.

Now whether it actually goes up the chain and is being acted upon? Can't answer this one, but I bet that if over a period of time one service/delivery center and or person starts to stand out in average numbers and comments - it will be noticed.
That's why I always fill out those surveys.

Do you mean they came with the Rear Facing Child Seats?

Walkthrough: Rear Facing Seats

I'd consider buying them from you if I knew I could install them in my to-be-delivered Tesla 85D.

Yes, those rear facing seats, exactly. Black leather. Looks like they're a fairly easy install? We found a YouTube video that showed how to install/uninstall in case we had to take delivery with them installed.

Cool. If you still have them when I take delivery and if the SC tells me that they can be installed, I'll ping you :)

I bought a 2013 CPO S60 last fall, with the rear-facing seats. (My kids are young enough that they come in handy from time to time.) One thing worth noting: Cars that are factory-equipped with rear-facing seats also came with a strengthened rear assembly. Installing them in a car that wasn't factory equipped seems perhaps ill-advised; you'd be carrying young passengers inside what is essentially a crumple zone by design.