Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla crash in Kelowna

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the photo showing the white X it appears that it hit a vehicle in front of it. The first photo show two different cars that had impacted. So it seems that there were two, two-car collisions.

Its hard to tell with the two different photos and no common reference between them. I guess its also possible the X was in the back, hit the Civic, pushing it into the truck, and then continued forward to hit the gold car (in a mistaken pedal type situation example).

That's the only scenario I can guess at for a "4-car" vs two "2-car" accidents.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see witnesses said it was 2 2-car crashes.

I'm making a wild ass guess that the big red-tagged first black pickup vehicle was in the middle lane and swerved right to get into the right turn lane then came to a complete stop when they got confused how to execute their sudden decision to turn right, causing a 3 car pileup behind them, but, that is a very wild ass guess. Someone guessed that the silver car didn't have space to stop, the gold car tried to avoid the silver car and ended up hitting it, then continuing to avoid it turned to the right turn lane, scared of hitting cross traffic came to a complete stop, and the Tesla driver ended up hitting them. Poor gold car. Gold sucks. I feel quadruple sorry for them, in a way. Who knows what actually happened. For all I know, I was completely wrong, and it was Gold's fault.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
file03_p3140201.jpg

It would be good to get more details on this accident, specifically how well the Auto Emergency Braking on the X worked (or didn't work).

The back of the X doesn't seem damaged so it seems like the X rear ended the gold car without the X being hit by another vehicle first.

I'm making a wild ass guess that the big red-tagged first black pickup vehicle was in the middle lane and swerved right to get into the right turn lane then came to a complete stop when they got confused how to execute their sudden decision to turn right, causing a 3 car pileup behind them, but, that is a very wild ass guess. Someone guessed that the silver car didn't have space to stop, the gold car tried to avoid the silver car and ended up hitting it, then continuing to avoid it turned to the right turn lane, scared of hitting cross traffic came to a complete stop, and the Tesla driver ended up hitting them. Poor gold car. Gold sucks. I feel quadruple sorry for them, in a way. Who knows what actually happened. For all I know, I was completely wrong, and it was Gold's fault.
It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick.

Reporting on each and every Tesla accident is really getting quite outrageous. Other manufacturers are not subject to the same scrutiny and Tesla shouldn't be either.

It makes great click bait so they will continue to do so. There also is still a strong sentiment that Elon Musk is Preston Tucker and the demise of the company is one scandal away from happening.