Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Crawley - Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on our return from a weekend from Brighton we stopped at the Gatwick / Crawley supercharger. It’s on an industrial estate but is also a sales centre and despite them being in the process of shutting up they were great and invited us in to use the facilities and offered for us to stock up on drinks / snacks for the rest of our journey. The two lads could not have been more accommodating even getting some specific snacks from the back my son unashamedly asked for - blue ribbon! However in the process of parking in the supercharger space furthest away from the entrance, a raised man hole cover (with the surrounding block paving sunk) caught the bottom of my front bumper per the photo. i heard the scraping noise from inside the car. I reported this to one of the lads and they said to send the service department an email with photos and requesting for the damage to be repaired. The service manger has responded to say he would be very surprised if the damage was caused by the man hole cover so is looking at CCTV from Sunday. Hope they agree to fix this or I’ll be jumping up and down - it’s a lease car so needs to be fixed despite not being visible.

Moral of the story, don’t park in the supercharger space furthest from the entrance unless of you have a MY. Otherwise your car will get damaged.

Attachments

• 65B3982E-E57C-4198-875B-F597919E7408.jpeg
    65B3982E-E57C-4198-875B-F597919E7408.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 132
  • 8B2206DB-6ED7-4F6A-A98B-13998BF233F6.jpeg
    8B2206DB-6ED7-4F6A-A98B-13998BF233F6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Maybe it's just the angle of your picture, but that doesn't look high enough to cause the damage. Was the manhole loose and it flipped up at one side?
Agreed. The manhole cover is only 2 or 3 can higher. The front bumper has more than that ground clearance unless the parking slot is on a slope.
Besides a lease company isn’t Going to get on their hands and knees to inspect scrapes under the bumper unless it’s visible when standing next to the car.