Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cross-Country Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cityhall.jpg
musk.jpg
aaron.jpg

A few more pics from this morning. My precious 5 month old son and I made the 2hr drive down from CT to meet the team as they arrived at City Hall while mom enjoyed the morning off. We arrived about 7:10 and hunted with another Model S until finding a few waiting team members on the east side of City Hall. The twin red car team appeared out of thin air around 7:40am. I like to think when my son is a grandparent someday, and ICE's are extinct, he'll be able to say he was there right at the tipping point =) Like many great things in history, the significance of the milestone may be realized by the world much later. The Tesla team was very appreciative of the support. I think all 20 or so of them came up and introduced themselves, asked where we were from, and thanked us which is remarkable considering how exhausted they must have been. We were next in line to meet Elon (after Aaron), but my extremely patient son started to have a melt down since his last bottle was during supercharging in Milford at 6am some 3 hrs earlier. I would have liked to shake his hand and thank him for giving us all hope about the future, I'm sure he gets that enough and his mind was clearly on getting back to his family (no need to remind him with a crying baby). So we disappeared to make a bottle and Elon disappeared to Central Park to spend time with his kids. I'm proud to say we were in close proximity of one of the most remarkable individuals of our time.
IMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0505.jpg
IMG_0506.jpg
IMG_0508.jpg
IMG_0509.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg

Well said, Sean. Thanks for the pics.

You are right about folks not realizing the significance of such a milestone till much later. Many pretend to be blasé in the moment - I was so when I met Bill Gates at his house as an intern at Microsoft in the summer of 1998 and when I got to meet Elon at the Model S Beta reveal in Oct 2011 and at the Model X reveal in Feb 2012 - and it's considered "cool" to appear so, but, in their own way, these individuals have and are shaping human civilization for good.

Last edited:
All -

Met the Team at City Hall in NYC this morning, then followed them over to the Tesla Store on West 25th. Elon and JB were there and got a chance to speak with Elon for a couple of minutes before he headed to his hotel to pick up his boys and bring them to Central Park.... GREAT morning!

Aaron

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want everyone to know, I know Aaron! :)

A few more pics from this morning. My precious 5 month old son and I made the 2hr drive down from CT to meet the team as they arrived at City Hall while mom enjoyed the morning off. We arrived about 7:10 and hunted with another Model S until finding a few waiting team members on the east side of City Hall. The twin red car team appeared out of thin air around 7:40am. I like to think when my son is a grandparent someday, and ICE's are extinct, he'll be able to say he was there right at the tipping point =) Like many great things in history, the significance of the milestone may be realized by the world much later. The Tesla team was very appreciative of the support. I think all 20 or so of them came up and introduced themselves, asked where we were from, and thanked us which is remarkable considering how exhausted they must have been. We were next in line to meet Elon (after Aaron), but my extremely patient son started to have a melt down since his last bottle was during supercharging in Milford at 6am some 3 hrs earlier. I would have liked to shake his hand and thank him for giving us all hope about the future, I'm sure he gets that enough and his mind was clearly on getting back to his family (no need to remind him with a crying baby). So we disappeared to make a bottle and Elon disappeared to Central Park to spend time with his kids. I'm proud to say we were in close proximity of one of the most remarkable individuals of our time.

That's very cool, Sean. You're right, they must have been exhausted: I see a few thousand-yard stares among the faces of the crew.

It sure was a treat to welcome the team to Minnesota @2:00am in Albert Lea, with J in MN. Sure, it was 4F and I could barely speak from the cold, fighting chattering teeth, but loads of fun.
IMG_1231.JPG

If you were there in person, you could see the red sand slathered on the nosecones, along with a dozen flavors of road salt from across the great plains. They sure were excited to have visitors, and just a little perplexed that we figured out when to be there. I actually pulled in 5 minutes after they did (I knew I was running late) and J in MN arrived a few minutes before. There were a lot of details he picked up from them which were interesting. For instance, they were not after full charges, just enough to get to the next stop. Also, I noticed they drove without A/C on, and their team lead passed out boxes of chemical glove warmers at every stop. J in MN said that when they pulled up, their front window was clear but their side windows were all ice. I was interviewed with my wife and our little dog. We talked about how, as a community, we "did the math." I know the team was pleased to be welcomed and to have fans and owners cheer them on. For those who are fans of Supercharger road trips, some great guys from the local EV community are headed West on the Supercharger highway. Note that Jukka is the president of the Minnesota EV club and I think that's his Volt in the footage.