Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cross-Country Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting screen... also they left Rapid City, SD about 1/2 hour ago.
This picture was from Rapid City, SD.

PictureFromTripCar.jpg

RapidCity_Google.jpg

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.105601,-103.212569&hl=en&ll=44.092887,-103.223076&spn=0.077302,0.128403&sll=37.381592,-122.135672&sspn=0.469228,0.786896&t=m&z=13

So I guess you can add this location to the "120 kW capable" list.

Not sure what kind of message Tesla is trying to send to the public, but I wouldn't be surprised if the State of Colorado's Governor or something came out and said "Whatever stunt you're trying to pull in the middle of dangerous winter storm conditions, cut it out, this is not setting the right example for anyone".

I mean, sure, who does this kind of thing in the middle of winter? Seems kind of crazy to me. Glad Elon had enough sense not to attempt his own trip in January. But then, Colorado can have sudden snow storms in May, so we'll see how wise it is to try a northern-route cross-country trip during "Spring Break"...

View attachment 42242

You're from California so I get that you wouldn't get this, but that picture looks pretty standard winter weather driving. I've driven in that kind of stuff before several times. Not really that dangerous, especially in a vehicle with good traction control and if you keep your distance from other vehicles.

Updated arrival times - little different calculation from the above post (2 hours behind). Will be interesting to see where they go. Signing out now. Hopefully folks on west coast can keep us updated. Will pick up progress again at 6:00 am.

Thanks for catching my time zone error. I have edited my post above - my estimate is a little ahead of yours but is pretty close.

Crossposting from the thread mentioned above by sp4rk. Would help if we merge the thread.

Updated arrival times
Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET (Confirmed)
Murdo, SD - 19:30 ET (Confirmed)
Mitchell, SD - 23:00 ET (Confirmed)
Worthington, MN - 2:00ET (Comfirmed)
Albert Lea, MN - 3:30 ET (Confirmed) [Bravo J in MN, Vexar]
La Crosse, WI - 6:00 ET (Confirmed)
Mauston, WI - 8:30 ET (Confirmed)
Madison, WI - 9:30 ET (Skipped)
Highland Park, IL - 11:45 ET (Confirmed)
Mishawaka, IN - 14:30 ET
Angola, IN - 15:30 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 17:00 ET
Macedonia, OH - 19:00 ET

updated @ 1:00 ET

Last edited:
Couple of notes:
1) they are NOT skipping any superchargers (except for the short cut from Flagstaff to Blanding), so did stop in Worthington, where they accidentally charged to a higher SOC than needed.
2) The goal is to arrive at each SpC with 4% SOC to maximize charge rate. At Albert Lea one arrived with 4%, the other with 5%. This is why all the displays are showing SOC percent. I did not get (or recall getting) an answer on whether this will be a feature in firmware v6.

Last edited:
Anyone notice the SOC is a percentage?

Yes, they are most likely using v6 software. Sounds like some great updates are coming. Someone compiled some talking points from Elon's recent events in Europe. They've been listed on the Tesla FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/275798909206735/permalink/507275122725778/ I'm going to list them in the main thread as its rather long and I don't want to get this thread too off topic. Link to other thread with additional details - Tesla Supercharger network - Page 385

Updated arrival times @ 15:00 ET
Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET (Confirmed)
Murdo, SD - 19:30 ET (Confirmed)
Mitchell, SD - 23:00 ET (Confirmed)
Worthington, MN - 2:00ET (Comfirmed)
Albert Lea, MN - 3:30 ET (Confirmed) [Bravo J in MN, Vexar]
La Crosse, WI - 6:00 ET (Confirmed)
Mauston, WI - 8:30 ET (Confirmed)
Madison, WI - 9:30 ET (Skipped)
Highland Park, IL - 11:45 ET (Confirmed)
Mishawaka, IN - 15:00 ET (Confirmed)
Angola, IN - 16:00 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 17:30 ET
Macedonia, OH - 20:00 ET

Last edited:
Couple of notes:
1) they are NOT skipping any superchargers (except for the short cut from Flagstaff to Blanding), so did stop in Worthington, where they accidentally charged to a higher SOC than needed.
2) The goal is to arrive at each SpC with 4% SOC to maximize charge rate. At Albert Lea one arrived with 4%, the other with 5%. This is why all the displays are showing SOC percent. I did not get (or recall getting) an answer on whether this will be a feature in firmware v6.

Careful what you put out there as fact...they most certainly have skipped AT LEAST TWO superchargers that I know of (Madison and Rockford).