Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cross-Country Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2278.jpeg

Aaron.s seems to have been the only person on hand to greet the cars when they arrived at New York City Hall.

Hope the road-trippers realize how many more of us were there in spirit with Aaron.
There is now one less "yeah EVs are great, but you can't . . . Blah blah." You CAN. Thanks everybody! Thanks Elon !

edit- came back to say I haven't forgotten John & Jill's run. Great that they were first. To me, their private (successful!) effort, also through some terrible winter conditions, removes the "PR stunt-ishness" from the corporate run. It's plain ol' no frills proof that coast to coast is a done deal. Opposite directions too. They compliment each other.

Last edited:
Ah, I have been wondering about that. Can't really break a record if nothing had been really recorded before. How many days did the father/daughter team take?

I think it is neat they did it in bad weather.

Looks like they only had one woman on board.

Excellent. FYI (may have already been discussed). There was no standing record to break I was told. The Guinness people had to set up a 'time to beat' to allow TM to be credited with a record. Makes sense that you have to have a 'starting point' for all records.

Hope the road-trippers realize how many more of us were there in spirit with Aaron.
There is now one less "yeah EVs are great, but you can't . . . Blah blah." You CAN. Thanks everybody! Thanks Elon !

edit- came back to say I haven't forgotten John & Jill's run. Great that they were first. To me, their private (successful!) effort, also through some terrible winter conditions, removes the "PR stunt-ishness" from the corporate run. It's plain ol' no frills proof that coast to coast is a done deal. Opposite directions too. They compliment each other.

I was just thinking that after I saw Elon's tweet that the Tesla team's run was successful. Having both the East-to-West and West-to-East drives demonstrated as possible shows that the Supercharger network really does make BEV road trips practical.

Apple saves the picture as the person took it. In this case with the phone oriented opposite of "standard". It then marks the orientation of the phone in the metadata so that the viewer can rotate/adjust as necessary. If you're using a viewer that doesn't do this (most) then the picture looks upside down. This way Apple doesn't "rotate" the picture thereby eliminating any potential loss of fidelity. Personally I don't mind this behavior when shooting RAW. But for jpgs? Rotate the @#$# image in the phone.

All -

Met the Team at City Hall in NYC this morning, then followed them over to the Tesla Store on West 25th. Elon and JB were there and got a chance to speak with Elon for a couple of minutes before he headed to his hotel to pick up his boys and bring them to Central Park.... GREAT morning!

Aaron

IMG_2278.jpg
IMG_6893 copy.jpg
IMG_8857 copy.jpg
IMG_9083 copy.jpg
IMG_9457 copy.jpg