Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cubby by Norm review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the recent postings about the Shelf Butler by Norm, I looked at his offerings and decided to buy the shelf cubby as my sunglasses sometimes go flying out of the cubby hole at night when I'm not wearing them. He has updated his products and they now come with a new (and I think nicer) handle. The original cubby came with a Tesla T handle.
Unknown-1.jpeg

The new cubby has a polished metal handle that has the T engraved into it.
Unknown.jpeg

He has several different colors for the interior, which is a padded felt and certainly should be fine for glasses. I purchased the new style handle cubby last Saturday, paid via paypal and got it in the mail yesterday. Much faster than the promised 2 week turnaround and the product is as promised. Exterior is black leather that matches nicely with the console, the silver handle is burnished (not shiny) and matches the silver trim in the interior, and the black interior padding is nice and matches my simple color scheme approach. The drawer fits snugly into the cubby hole when you close it (the leather presses just enough against the outside to lock it in place, but it comes free easily and you can access what is in the drawer. No financial interest, just a happy customer. You can reach him at: [email protected].

So happy to read your review. Norm sent me, free of charge with no niggling by me, the iPhone 6+ holder and it worked perfectly in just about 30 seconds. He actually reached out to me based on a comment I made on TMC. How nice is that? I have coming my way the cubby in black/red (can't wait!) and the shelf butler. I made my own shelf butler for zero cost. But his looks so good that I am actually willing to ditch mine and pay for his.

Being as cheap as I have known to be, spending for Norm's products speaks to my approval!

Reactions: drklain
I was actually going to create a post just like this if no one hadn't! I just got my cubby yesterday. Unlike the OP, I actually like the look of the Original handle better. This thing looks like it could have come with the car. The build quality is top notch! I've only launched a couple of times since having it and it stayed put each time.
I honestly think this is a must have and recommend getting one! I also got the shelf butler and love it!