Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla customer purchase hell on a new car, i need advice please!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry my fault i should have been more clear yes its a new car but pre reg, an ex demonstrator hence the 19 plate. My problem is Tesla did not give me any paperwork, so its impossible for me to tax it without the green slip, someone has screwed up here at West Drayton.

when I posted before I thought we were talking new vehicle. As others have said being "used" it will need to be taxed online either:
a) using the 12 digit number from the new keeper slip on the V5
OR
b) using the 11 digit number on the NEW V5 when it arrives.

you are right to think you are at risk if you drive it now.
If you don't have the green new keeper slip There is only one possible work around for this apart from waiting for the new V5 which could be next week given the bank holidays. If you can contact Tesla and can get either the old V5 number or the 12 digit number from the new keeper slip.
BUT
if you only get the old V11 number you can convert it into a 12 digit new keeper number and tax as a new keeper. This is what you must do:
Add a random digit to the start of the number and tax as a new keeper entering it as a new keeper 12 digit reference.
if the number is 12345678912 then add say 9 to the start and enter 912345678912.

doing this will allow you to tax as a new keeper. The system does not care what the first digit is only the next 11.

good luck

Sorry my fault i should have been more clear yes its a new car but pre reg, an ex demonstrator hence the 19 plate. My problem is Tesla did not give me any paperwork, so its impossible for me to tax it without the green slip, someone has screwed up here at West Drayton.

Ok makes sense sorry for the confusion.

You are very right to be angry and hope that you get something to compensate you or at least get someone to hold accountable.

West Drayton needs to sort their staff out

West Drayton is truly terrible. I have been to Milton Keynes and Leeds, they are better with customers. Unfortunately being nearer to WD and the delay to send cars to other sites means I have to interact with them.

I go elsewhere for backup. This is Tesla's downfall, absolutely shite customer service

• Love
Reactions: Rooster6655