Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla customer service is the WORST - esp Costa Mesa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like others have said, the best thing to do is to schedule the appointment online. After initial delivery, it took me 3 weeks to get an appointment at the Costa Mesa SC (not to mention I had to wait an hour in my car at the SC before someone came out to note the service requests even with an appointment) and it took them 3 days to resolve the non-critical issues. One issue couldn't be resolved because it took them another week to receive the part. After a week, I had to follow up to see if they received the part. SC confirmed and I was able to schedule a mobile appointment in 2 days time. BTW, mobile service was a great experience.

That's body shop though? or is that service center? 5.5 miles away from my house, going to be great once they put in Supercharger.

I think it is the body shop only. Not service center. Where will their service center be? The body shop said they are renting a place at 3880 W. Valley, Pomona, CA 91789. They do have a supercharger there in the back. They did not disable my mobile access. I could see my car going into the big warehouse for the window replacement. Then afterward, going out to the back parking for supercharging (not WC).

Overall, what are your thoughts on Costa Mesa vs. Buena Park service centers? One markedly better than the other or about the same?

I like Buena Park. I had been there once, dropped car for 2 weeks and got loaner Tesla S85 for it. My coworker been there with his Model 3... got a P85 MS with insane mode for a loaner. I had their mobile came out to our house twice.... 60 miles away. I haven't been to Costa Mesa SC for a service, but I drove by it a few times. It looks a lot more crowded than Buena Park SC from the outside.

I think it is the body shop only. Not service center. Where will their service center be? The body shop said they are renting a place at 3880 W. Valley, Pomona, CA 91789. They do have a supercharger there in the back. They did not disable my mobile access. I could see my car going into the big warehouse for the window replacement. Then afterward, going out to the back parking for supercharging (not WC).
Yes that's the building. It's 5x bigger than Buena Park and should accommodate body shop and service center.

Screenshot_20181004-221411_Chrome.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
We had the similar experience from Costa Mesa CS. Worst service ever....

We took delivery with several deep scratches, a body panel issue, no Enhanced Auto Pilot, and a speaker that rattles at higher volume. After telling our Tesla rep that we would like to refuse delievery, their service manager came out to tell us they would “take care of our concerns” through a scheduled services on 9/26 (five weeks after delievery) with a loaner car while it was serviced. We took the car, unaware of all the support issues Tesla is experiencing.

I took care of the Auto Pilot issue via phone support, five days of wait time, and a software push. However, a week before the service, they sent me an emailing canceling due to capacity issues and stated that they would contact me at a later date when they could take us in for service. I immediately wrote a letter and escalated to executives and immediately heard back from David Cohen in Tesla Customer Serivce Norway with an apology and an offer to escalate with Regional Managment in Costa Mesa.

Never heard back from Costa Mesa, so I began calling the service hotline I used to resolve our AutoPilot issue. The kid that answered the phone in the Utah service center was very apologetic as well, and offered to call the Costa Mesa leadership team and resolve the issue. Within two mins of hanging up with him, I received an email stating there was nothing he could do. So...agian I wrote David Cohen in Norway and copied in all of the corespondence I had received from Costa Mesa and Utah. David once again he apologized via email and offered to communicate with regional leadership to make sure my schedule service would take place.

Two days before service I received a text message stating my service was confirmed, but they did not have a loaner car for me and that they would offer me “Lyft credits” to use while the car was in service. Once agian I copied everyone in on the thread addressed to David Cohen, but this time tied in my lawyer who I had previous discussed my concerns with. In the letter, I expresed my interest in a dealer buy back if they were unable to fulfill their committed obligations at time of delievery.

The next day, I received a call from Costa Mesa from Melissa (i think) stating she had been told that we wanted to return the car we had for a new one and it had been approved. She just needed to see how long it was going to take to build out. I was beside myself at how unorganized they were and explained that their lack of internal communication was out of control. I explained we had no interest in a new VIN since registration and plates had already been delieved and insurance was already tied to this VIN. I explained everything in detail and told her all we wanted was the original issues resolved. She apologized for the communication and assured me everything was resolved...

We showed up on the 26th, waited in line to deliever the car, and we’re immediately denied service. I just about yelled my head off to the poor kid at the service center and screamed to get a manager. They finally got their act together, connected the dots and profusely apologized. They then provided us a 2016 Model X as a loaner and stated they would contact us within three days with status.

...That was on the 26th. The app showed the car was in Pomona within two hours of our drop off. They clearly drove it there, because our milage went up about 30 miles since drop off. They disabled mobile access the next day, so we have no idea where the car is now. We got an update last Wed stating they would provide an update Friday. Haven’t received any communication since...Wed will be two weeks.

The app showed the car was in Pomona within two hours of our drop off. They clearly drove it there, because our milage went up about 30 miles since drop off. They disabled mobile access the next day, so we have no idea where the car is now. We got an update last Wed stating they would provide an update Friday. Haven’t received any communication since...Wed will be two weeks.

You could try email or call Tesla Pomona directly to ask about it.
Tesla Service - Pomona
3880 W. Valley
Pomona,CA 91789
818-319-6853
[email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
We had the similar experience from Costa Mesa CS. Worst service ever....

We took delivery with several deep scratches, a body panel issue, no Enhanced Auto Pilot, and a speaker that rattles at higher volume. After telling our Tesla rep that we would like to refuse delievery, their service manager came out to tell us they would “take care of our concerns” through a scheduled services on 9/26 (five weeks after delievery) with a loaner car while it was serviced. We took the car, unaware of all the support issues Tesla is experiencing.

I took care of the Auto Pilot issue via phone support, five days of wait time, and a software push. However, a week before the service, they sent me an emailing canceling due to capacity issues and stated that they would contact me at a later date when they could take us in for service. I immediately wrote a letter and escalated to executives and immediately heard back from David Cohen in Tesla Customer Serivce Norway with an apology and an offer to escalate with Regional Managment in Costa Mesa.

Never heard back from Costa Mesa, so I began calling the service hotline I used to resolve our AutoPilot issue. The kid that answered the phone in the Utah service center was very apologetic as well, and offered to call the Costa Mesa leadership team and resolve the issue. Within two mins of hanging up with him, I received an email stating there was nothing he could do. So...agian I wrote David Cohen in Norway and copied in all of the corespondence I had received from Costa Mesa and Utah. David once again he apologized via email and offered to communicate with regional leadership to make sure my schedule service would take place.

Two days before service I received a text message stating my service was confirmed, but they did not have a loaner car for me and that they would offer me “Lyft credits” to use while the car was in service. Once agian I copied everyone in on the thread addressed to David Cohen, but this time tied in my lawyer who I had previous discussed my concerns with. In the letter, I expresed my interest in a dealer buy back if they were unable to fulfill their committed obligations at time of delievery.

The next day, I received a call from Costa Mesa from Melissa (i think) stating she had been told that we wanted to return the car we had for a new one and it had been approved. She just needed to see how long it was going to take to build out. I was beside myself at how unorganized they were and explained that their lack of internal communication was out of control. I explained we had no interest in a new VIN since registration and plates had already been delieved and insurance was already tied to this VIN. I explained everything in detail and told her all we wanted was the original issues resolved. She apologized for the communication and assured me everything was resolved...

We showed up on the 26th, waited in line to deliever the car, and we’re immediately denied service. I just about yelled my head off to the poor kid at the service center and screamed to get a manager. They finally got their act together, connected the dots and profusely apologized. They then provided us a 2016 Model X as a loaner and stated they would contact us within three days with status.

...That was on the 26th. The app showed the car was in Pomona within two hours of our drop off. They clearly drove it there, because our milage went up about 30 miles since drop off. They disabled mobile access the next day, so we have no idea where the car is now. We got an update last Wed stating they would provide an update Friday. Haven’t received any communication since...Wed will be two weeks.
Yikes! Ok you win :) but seriously, that boggles the mind how all that stuff slips through the cracks.

One suggestion I’d have for Tesla is to have them assign a relationship manager for the first month post-delivery. They should act as point on all things related to your car. By limiting it to 1 month, that eliminates the need for thousands of RMs since hopefully all issues would resolve in a month and then you’d be off onto a general help line. It’s the first few days and weeks that make all the difference.

This is a very discouraging thread.

But it comes as no surprise.
Until Tesla's improves QC (hopefully soon); and as long as Tesla is relying on the SC' to correct assembly errors ( fit and finish, missing connectors and especially paint issues ); and with 80,000 additional vehicles being delivered each quarter now .............
sadly, the situation is not going to get any better!

Based solely on what others have written on this forum ..... it appears that the early M3's had a myriad of fit and finish issues.
Then along about VIN 60XXX the fit and finish problems seemed to have been corrected and paint issues were few.
Then came the big mid summer push, and we are reading about so many assembly problems .... especially paint.

It would appear that the best M3's to date are those assembled 4-5 months ago, (VIN 40xxx to about 60xxx or thereabouts).

This is a very discouraging thread.

It would appear that the best M3's to date are those assembled 4-5 months ago, (VIN 40xxx to about 60xxx or thereabouts).
Not sure that’s the case but I will say that I’ve become more cognizant of fit and finish issues after reading through TMC. I’m sure there are some that will never notice some issues while I’ve noticed most in the first day and a couple more (like the inconsistent door gaps) in the following week(s). Ignorance is bliss - but once you notice something or someone points it out to you, it’s impossible to unsee it.

It’s like someone posted a couple weeks ago that during a delivery a couple was so happy there were no “issues” with their car and a TMC member went over and pointed out all the issues. Paint bubbles, scratches, fisheyes, panel gaps etc are hard to notice amidst the excitement of a shiny new car.

Been like this for some time, only getting worse it seems. Cash grab by delivering shoddy cars as fast as they can and then lacking any infrastructure to maintain them all.

Had my own terrible experiences with costa mesa a few months back and do not feel like returning despite persistent issues with my car.

Its sad because i want to be proud of my car and the company but i cannot recommend tesla to anyone.