Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Customer Service

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
Since people generally don't post good experiences, only bad, I'd like everyone to know about how Tesla treated me when my Plaid had an issue with the sound system (problem with an amplifier clicking and popping) on delivery day.

I'm 250 miles away from the delivery center. Without asking, Tesla offered to flat-bed the vehicle to me free of charge once they get the new part installed, which they overnighted from Freemont.

They have kept me in the loop with phone calls and text messages.

I've shipped vehicles on flat-bed's before, it's not cheap, I imagine it's going to cost them about $1250.

I thought that was a nice gesture and +1 on customer service.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
@lowtek Congratulations on the Plaid!!! Pics???

Thanks for posting this! Most people don't post positive experiences with Service. I've had my S for 2 years now and I've had nothing but very positive service experiences (4 occasions so far - faint clicking noise from front suspension, uncorking 75D, one door handle and glovebox replacement).

Jlwine

Jun 21, 2016
Indianapolis
I too have had nothing but positive experiences with both the local Service Center in Indy and their Ranger service. My only complaint is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to call and get anyone on the phone--180 degree difference from when I took delivery in July of 2016. But again, the service center itself--is excellent!

Reactions: Wol747

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
Agree entirely. My one visit to the Sydney SC was very good, but the frustration of being unable to talk to someone before it drove me mad. I’m sure that would enable many issues to be sorted out faster, sometimes without even making a visit.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
They used to have this level of service for everyone. When all their vehicles cost $130K.

Maybe they are back to including it for the Plaid buyers.

jimm01

Apr 29, 2021
Devonshire NJ
They used to have this level of service for everyone. When all their vehicles cost $130K.

Maybe they are back to including it for the Plaid buyers.
Just like an old Ford, it's the longstanding inversive relationship between quantity and cost. So when quality is unsatisfactory service usually follows.

beatle

Aug 31, 2019
Springfield, VA
The service I get has generally been pretty good once you get to a person. They just need to bring back immediate human interaction instead of forcing you to "schedule service" in order to interact with someone. This is incredibly basic.

jimm01

Apr 29, 2021
Devonshire NJ
The service I get has generally been pretty good once you get to a person. They just need to bring back immediate human interaction instead of forcing you to "schedule service" in order to interact with someone. This is incredibly basic.
Service, good, bad, indifferent--it's the amount and type of service that's the issue that needs to be addressed. It's what killed Detroit.

Last edited:
Reactions: glide

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC