Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla customer support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Empty tank

MXLR/BLK/Cream/20"/FSD Delivered 6/15/22 Flawless
Sep 6, 2021
Memphis
I setup a service visit to have a look at my Battery because I've lost 31 miles of range after 15 months or 14K miles of ownership. I have a 2020 performance 3, received a message from Tesla support saying that's normal and that they'll cancel my appointment. Is 31 miles range lost normal? I'm only getting 268 @100 percent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-182030_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210906-182030_Tesla.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 55
  • Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
I setup a service visit to have a look at my Battery because I've lost 31 miles of range after 15 months or 14K miles of ownership. I have a 2020 performance 3, received a message from Tesla support saying that's normal and that they'll cancel my appointment. Is 31 miles range lost normal? I'm only getting 268 @100 percent.
Nope. Not normal.

That being said, have you run any diagnostics to see if the capacity of your pack is truly reduced?

Or do you just have a heavy foot?

Do you charge to 90% so the batteries have a chance to balance? Do you occasionally fully charge and run low so the BMS has a chance to know the top end and the bottom end of the battery? I have lost 11 miles of range over the last 65,000 miles.

Do you charge to 90% so the batteries have a chance to balance? Do you occasionally fully charge and run low so the BMS has a chance to know the top end and the bottom end of the battery? I have lost 11 miles of range over the last 65,000 miles.
Yes charge to 90 normally, 100 only while traveling.

It's not the battery, it's the BMS giving you those readings that look like a loss. There are tons of videos about this and what to do to get the range back.
Tried the drain then charge to full trick and loss 5 miles. I've read the Tesla owners manual and there's nothing there about battery reset. But there's a female YouTuber the stated after she loss mileage tried to do the reset and nothing happened that (Tesla) reset it for her and it's been dead on every since.

Sucks that Tesla won't help you, but I would highly recommend this post. Follow the steps to give the BMS a chance to "see" the voltage at lower and higher states of charge and you may see a different range estimate once it's done that. Hopefully you get some back, as the original poster here did.