Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cut prices in North America & China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Tesla to cut prices for some models in North America, China

U.S. electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc said on Wednesday it will cut prices in North America, as the firm ramps up car production in its Fremont, California, factory after the easing of coronavirus lockdowns.

Tesla China said in a Weibo post that it will also cut prices for imported electric Model S sedans and Model X sport utility vehicles in China, while keep prices of locally-made Model 3 sedans unchanged.

Reactions: Tam and eevee-fan
Looks like free super charging is gone on the S and X.

They bring it back when sales slump. It may be gone for good, or it may come back when the bump in sales from the price drop go away.

I expected the Model Y was going to kill sales on all the other cars. It's a CUV in the sweet spot for size and while the price isn't that much cheaper than the X at this point, the Y will likely be more reliable over time. The front windshield on the X is expensive to replace and those falcon wing doors are a maintenance headache.

So, trade in values tank per Tesla (their trade in value drops nearly 20% for me, while CarMax, carvana and kbb instant trade and local Subaru dealer are all around the same as pre shut down), Tesla won't price match CarMax trade any longer so I'm effectively losing now 30% including sales tax credit for trade if I trade, and model Y is not included in these price cuts.

You guys. I get being excited about a vehicle and accepting a little bit of an unfair deal. But this is a straight up hosing.

We are taking the brunt of the losses for Tesla. Delay, delay, delay. The car will still be available in 6 months

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44