Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cuts prices in China, Japan, South Korea and Australia; will the US be next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm hoping for a price cut on Model 3 LR and maybe other trims. Currently M3RWD and MYLR7 are only Tesla vehicles that qualify for the $7500 tax credit. M3LR is only $1500 above the $55k limit.

Prices were cut in Asia countries today, maybe US price cuts are coming soon?

Japan has had no price changes for at least 6 months, when I ordered my MYP, but yesterday got a call that my car was in production, VIN by the end of January, and delivery end-February to early-March. Got an email with "changed terms of contract," and indeed showed a 10% lower bottom line. I do hope my US buddies can get similar price cuts, AND a much less complicated tax credit. Here, we just apply for a cash subsidy after taking delivery, and they put the cash in your bank account, no stipulations.

Cheers!

Reactions: MacO512

I'm hoping for a price cut on Model 3 LR and maybe other trims. Currently M3RWD and MYLR7 are only Tesla vehicles that qualify for the $7500 tax credit. M3LR is only $1500 above the $55k limit.

Prices were cut in Asia countries today, maybe US price cuts are coming soon?
Yes wondering the same. I'd imagine at some point soon the M3LR will qualify but doubt the MYLR 5 will ever qualify.\.

Reactions: MacO512
The Tuesday, January 10, 2023 edition of the Financial Times has a story about protest demonstrations in multiple cities across China. The protestors are people who purchased Teslas who think the company's recent price cuts have slashed the value of their cars.
Hehe,

Seems those same folks crying “unfair” forgot that they received a government subsidy last year that the new price cut people did not get. As Scar from Lion King said, “Life’s unfair.” (Oh, yeah, he was the selfish bad guy in the movie) Yeah, I imagine if everything you buy is an investment, they would feel hurt. Boo-hoo. Tesla, and just about anything you buy in a “people’s republic” might have their ups and downs in the value department.

Reactions: jboy210
Psst, if you're gonna post that story look up who the protest leader works for.
Exactly.

That particular market is enjoying a roller-coaster/see-saw of competition just now ... which will probably continue for a while. But seriously, I don't see any kind of real protest getting traction, and certainly not any kind of litigation. From my perspective, it was a brilliant move on Tesla's part ... just as their competitor raised prices, Tesla lowers theirs.

Personally, Tesla was generous enough to give me the 10% discount, so I'm thankful (ETD Feb~Mar '23). But if they hadn't, I would not be heading to the Tesla showroom with torch-and-pitchfork ... though I may have sent an email begging for it, lol. I sure hope folks waiting for delivery in other RHD countries (Down Under, etc.) get the nice treatment I got!

As the world turns, the drama continues ...

Reactions: Bob Marley
(moderator note)

In model 3 subforum the thread to discuss the latest price cut will be here:

Please move all discussion on this topic to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.