Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cyber home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon and the tesla team has joked around saying they should get into designing and building homes. Since most of their technology can be converted from car into a house (like HVAC, solar panels, thermal glass, etc..) and tesla's knowledge of mass manufacturing, they can build a very sustainable and affordable manufactured home.

Imagine tesla being able to mass produce a single wide manufactured home (16x60 or 16x80) made from cybertruck stainless steel, double pane glass surrounding the home, solar city panels feeding into a "powerwall", running tesla's heatpump, and preferable price it for under $100,000.

Hopefully it's light enough to where a 4 motor cybertruck can pull it and be a versatile RV.

So It would be like a modular house Is it possible to install a solar panels or a solar roof on a house with no attic access
Easily possible if it was designed for it. That’s the problem with current solar city installs. The installs are notoriously difficult because each home and roof is different. Solar city is a failed merger if Tesla is unable to install solar panels on a large scale to save on costs.

Too far
Elon and the tesla team has joked around saying they should get into designing and building homes. Since most of their technology can be converted from car into a house (like HVAC, solar panels, thermal glass, etc..) and tesla's knowledge of mass manufacturing, they can build a very sustainable and affordable manufactured home.

Imagine tesla being able to mass produce a single wide manufactured home (16x60 or 16x80) made from cybertruck stainless steel, double pane glass surrounding the home, solar city panels feeding into a "powerwall", running tesla's heatpump, and preferable price it for under $100,000.

Hopefully it's light enough to where a 4 motor cybertruck can pull it and be a versatile RV.
That’s too far mate

If I remember correctly, there was some Tesla project of developping
modular and stackable HVAC using efficient Heat Pump used in cars.

It would be interesting for Tesla and Solar City to expand into this market.
I think this is the only way for people to own an affordable energy efficient home and for solar city to reach their mission for the world to run on solar energy.

There's too much costs and variability for solar roofs for mass adoption. I wish we can order a home and have it built and shipped like tesla vehicles. Don't have to deal with realtors that do too little and make too much.

You can. Go just outside of any town purchase an acre or more of land and have a house mounted on a permanent foundation. My house is on a permanent concrete block foundation. I do have a septic tank but have town water. If you are handy you can pickup a modular home already on a permanent foundation with land at very reasonable prices. I purchased my house for under 150k 1.8 acers with a 24x30 building on the property

You can. Go just outside of any town purchase an acre or more of land and have a house mounted on a permanent foundation. My house is on a permanent concrete block foundation. I do have a septic tank but have town water. If you are handy you can pickup a modular home already on a permanent foundation with land at very reasonable prices. I purchased my house for under 150k 1.8 acers with a 24x30 building on the property
Current modular homes aren't competitive or energy efficient. It's an area that's ready for disruption. I know if Tesla builds a home, It'll be a smart home with energy efficient windows, HVAC, appliances, solid forever lasting solar roof, and it would be mass manufactured to save on costs.

With the popularity of work from home, more people will be like you and look for larger properties outside major cities and don't want to deal with contractors.