Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybertruck in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That depends on how you measure progress and what barriers are left. The other question will be how low regulators set the bar. I wouldn't be surprised to see a autopilot lane model come out first, like the multiple occupant lane or it limited to specific routes at first where the roads are up to spec. It also depends on the failure rate that is acceptable. Will be interesting to see.

That depends on how you measure progress and what barriers are left. The other question will be how low regulators set the bar. I wouldn't be surprised to see a autopilot lane model come out first, like the multiple occupant lane or it limited to specific routes at first where the roads are up to spec. It also depends on the failure rate that is acceptable. Will be interesting to see.
Lets measure progress by an important attribute, such as reading speed signs. Today mine read a 40 as a 25. Its never shown 25 before even though our work zones in SA are all 25kmh, and on henley beach road where there is now a 50 kmh sign every 100 metres for a couple of km and has been for a year...it still tells me its 60. So if I had proper autonomy right now, I’d be getting a lot of speeding tickets. Seems to me reading signs is likely the easiest task of all. I can’t see regulators changing the bar on speeding, nor can I see them accepting that your sign detection is not reliable so you are allowed a certain number of annual speeding exemptions, and yet tesla has convinced people to part with cash on the basis that ‘robotaxi’ is imminent. Very clever marketing.

According to this article, unnamed Tesla staff claim Cybertruck won’t be sold in Australia:

Take appropriate quantities of NaCl.

I think it will be quite a while before it is sold anywhere
4680 cell production one of the main limiting factors here. Tesla is also under pressure to get the semi out the the door, both Cybertruck and semi will require these cells.
Considering the number of US monstertrucks you see on the roads now (RAM, Ford etc) I don't think size is going to be a problem.

Reactions: Hairyman
According to this article, unnamed Tesla staff claim Cybertruck won’t be sold in Australia:

Take appropriate quantities of NaCl.

Funny how the headline doesn't line up with what was actually said (from the body of the article):

0Yy4JYX.png

Funny how the headline doesn't line up with what was actually said (from the body of the article):

0Yy4JYX.png
If that’s Drive.com.au I have stopped visiting their website because of their sensationalist journalism. Always a big headline with no substance.

The one that pushed me over the line was the GWM Ute receiving a 5 star ANCAP rating from 08/2021 build. Cars sold prior get a free upgrade to achieve the same result. Their headline said “6,000 utes on the road with safety concern” or something to that effect.