Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybertruck reservations lower than expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until someone actually takes home a F-150 Lightning.. take all pricing with a grain of salt.

When you tell me something cost $40K, and it wasn't in your garage for that price - its $40K.

The 35K Model 3 when it actually arrived... was worth 42K. I'll explain why:

Same interior as the other Model 3s (it was supposed to be lower grade)
35K in 2016 money is not the same as 35K in 2019 money.

You got more out of $35K than Elon promised.

I am doubting the $40K F150 is going to be satisfying.

Until someone actually takes home a F-150 Lightning.. take all pricing with a grain of salt.

When you tell me something cost $40K, and it wasn't in your garage for that price - its $40K.

The 35K Model 3 when it actually arrived... was worth 42K. I'll explain why:

Same interior as the other Model 3s (it was supposed to be lower grade)
35K in 2016 money is not the same as 35K in 2019 money.

You got more out of $35K than Elon promised.

I am doubting the $40K F150 is going to be satisfying.

For someone not looking for something fancy that just needs an efficient a work truck it’ll be satisfying with Standard All-Wheel Drive.

Also X-Plan pricing is accepted with the Lightning, that’s a good $2k off MSRP before any EV incentives.

For someone not looking for something fancy that just needs an efficient a work truck it’ll be satisfying with Standard All-Wheel Drive.

Also X-Plan pricing is accepted with the Lightning, that’s a good $2k off MSRP before any EV incentives.
Its $40K base.. 230 real world miles.. has AWD standard.. can double as a Powerwall on wheels.. qualifies for additional discounts.. AND still qualifies for the $7500 federal tax credit. Ford is basically planning to sell Lightning cheaper than the standard ICE F150.. for the entire purpose of dominating the EV truck market.

Not only will people be taking these home for $40K and be supremely satisfied. But I'd guess most first-year buyers of the base trim will be paying closer to $32K than they will $40K thanks to the tax credit. Ford has already proven with the Mach-E they can deliver an extremely competent EV. About the only legit complaint, I've seen about the Mach-E is the charging network. And that's honestly debatable as most owners do almost all their EV charging at home. I personally only use Supercharging when traveling long distances (over 200 miles in a single day). If you've been paying attention then you know Electrify America has been growing its DC fast-charging network at a tremendous rate and now has chargers installed in many current Supercharger locations.

Reactions: Ron_M3