Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybertruck reservations lower than expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The number of reservations for Tesla’s Cybertruck is apparently much lower than expected. While fans had assumed over 700,000 reservations based on the analysis of reservation numbers, Elon Musk has now named a significantly lower number.

In an interview with Automotive News, Musk said that the number of Cybertruck reservations was “over 200,000”. This comes as a surprise since Elon Musk had already announced 250,000 pre-orders just a few days after the presentation of the Cybertruck in November. This presumably points to cancellations."

Tesla Cybertruck reservations lower than expected - electrive.com

The lawsuit Tesla files against Rivian says this:

"Tesla is an American company, founded in 2003, that designs, manufactures, and sells electric cars, electric vehicle powertrain components, as W611 as scalable clean energy generation and storage products in order to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Tesla sells the successful Model 3, Model Y, Model S, and Model vehicles, all With state of the art automation systems. Tesla is also poised to enter the pickup truck market, With over 500,000 reservations for Tesla’s highly anticipated Cybertruck."

Tesla Rivian - link to the PDF of the case.

"The number of reservations for Tesla’s Cybertruck is apparently much lower than expected. While fans had assumed over 700,000 reservations based on the analysis of reservation numbers, Elon Musk has now named a significantly lower number.

In an interview with Automotive News, Musk said that the number of Cybertruck reservations was “over 200,000”. This comes as a surprise since Elon Musk had already announced 250,000 pre-orders just a few days after the presentation of the Cybertruck in November. This presumably points to cancellations."

Tesla Cybertruck reservations lower than expected - electrive.com
My order number is 243,541 and I ordered on the sixth day after the Nov debut. 700,000 seems quite reasonable.

I ordered my CT on 3/20/2021...

My RN is 114,680,650 where does that put me in line? Are we dropping the first 3 digits off the RN?

If that's how it works.. the difference between @Scott Fairchild first week RN number of 243,541 and my 3/21 RN number of 680,650 is 466,109.
This tracker will give you your accurate position. I believe they skipped some numbers at some point in the reservation numbering system. Created worldwide cybertruck reservation tracker

Reactions: NY_Rob
They aren't random. The orders started at # 12744100 which means you are 11,247 in line. When you get your Cybertruck will depend on which model you ordered and which one they build first (Single/Dual/Tri motor).
Also logistics. Supposedly living closer to the Texas factory will also play a role as they won’t have to ship them as far.

Packing my bags as soon as the first one rolls off the assembly line. :)

On a side note, I rechecked my reservation on that spreadsheet this afternoon and apparently, they got rid of a lot of dupes according to a new key they’ve added.

My reservation was almost halved as now, instead of being in the 1.2 million range, I’m in the 677,000 range and in the 270,000 range for trimotor reservations.

On a side note, I rechecked my reservation on that spreadsheet this afternoon and apparently, they got rid of a lot of dupes according to a new key they’ve added.

My reservation was almost halved as now, instead of being in the 1.2 million range, I’m in the 677,000 range and in the 270,000 range for trimotor reservations.

I have reservation position 2,390 and for Tri motor position 807. Anxiously waiting for these things to start being produced and hoping they start with tri motor.

Reactions: El joe