Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybertruck will come standard with ‘laser blade lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://electrek.co/2020/02/21/tesla-cybertruck-standard-laser-blade-ligths-elon-musk/#disqus_thread

"When Tesla unveiled the electric pickup truck, some analysts suggested that the headlights consisting of a single stream of light might not be up to code based on US regulations.

It looks like while the stream of light from the unveiling is still there, the lights are stronger at each end, making it look more like traditional headlights."

So the light beam stays and is (US DOT) production ready.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-7.05.32-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-12-08-at-7.33.52-PM.jpg

Yep, they are legal.

https://electrek.co/2020/02/21/tesla-cybertruck-standard-laser-blade-ligths-elon-musk/#disqus_thread

"When Tesla unveiled the electric pickup truck, some analysts suggested that the headlights consisting of a single stream of light might not be up to code based on US regulations.

It looks like while the stream of light from the unveiling is still there, the lights are stronger at each end, making it look more like traditional headlights."

So the light beam stays and is (US DOT) production ready.

Correct. While the unveiling, shows the entire bulb to be lit and super bright. from the latest images/videos the middle part is dimmed while the right and left are traditional lights.

Reactions: SpaceCash
I'm pretty sure the "laser blade lights" Elon is talking about are the ones at the top of the windshield, not the headlights.
I agree. I believe they are talking about the light system at the top of the windshield

“By the way, in some prior tweets I’d said production Cybertruck would be ~80” wide (vs ~84” body width at unveil). This is slightly too small. Will be closer to 82”, but come standard with upper laser blade lights.”
tesla-cybertruck-laser-blade-lights-width-1.jpg

Reactions: jkirkwood001