Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Btw., with a bit of processing the truck's wheels become visible:

PSX_20191114_225945.jpg

I have a feeling this is not going to play well in Peoria..... I'm afraid it will confirm that Elon is an 8-year-old boy and anyone who currently drives a pickup will pass out from laughing. Yes, I realize that it will be amazing to drive, have tons of performance, etc. But the king of the hill in the looks category is the Raptor, not mars rover or 70's sci-fi.

Elon said that he is aware that everyone will not like his concept for a Pickup Truck, but that it is something he would like...so it's being made.

His basis for making his other cars was to first determine what would be necessary to make an excellent vehicle, then build to those parameters. Model S was a huge success, X was a little out of the box, and Model 3 a home run.

Other manufacturers typically build to a predetermined wheel base. On this platform they will make several vehicle, each to a different price point and for different competitive marketplaces. Imagine that when they develop their Electric trucks they will take an existing truck, put an electric motor inside to replace the ICE and call it a day. Picture F150-E

Tesla has a different philosophy, so imagine that some will find it compelling enough to buy, and others will consider it not for them.

For some strange reason I believe Elon will once again reset the market and sell all they can make.

For some strange reason I believe Elon will once again reset the market and sell all they can make.

Yes, there's been a lot of hand-wringing about whether it will please the macho dudes that like how trucks look.

I think Tesla is basically going to give them the finger and define a new segment. If they make the thing flexible or modular enough to also handle some SUV and/or van use cases, it's an entirely different class of vehicle anyways.

• Love
Reactions: Chuq and Krugerrand
But the king of the hill in the looks category is the Raptor, not mars rover or 70's sci-fi.
No one I know that does serious work with their truck has a Raptor. They go for bigger trucks than that. Plenty of people will appreciate something more capable with distinctive looks. Why do so many people buy lifted trucks with large wheels, fender flares, brush bars, etc., which they'll never use? To stand out from the crowd.

Reactions: Krugerrand