Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there any indication or hints from Tesla executives that this is the play?

I find it tough to believe that these very large legacy automakers with 3-4 brand badges under their respective companies are all going to shell out to the same third party for engines. I know that happens with transmissions and some other components, but even then there is some variety. I imagine it would be cheaper at some point to just create their own motors, and many already have

No not at all, just my musings that the truck market might be a place to do it. It is becoming apparent that Tesla will probably need to assist legacy automakers in some fashion rather than crushing them (and Elon has been open to doing this as of the last earnings call). Yes, there is a lot of pride at stake, but there is survival as well.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Important to remember that the Cybertruck will need to fit in most garages.
Elon has said a good design is when the car can look compact, but be spacious on the inside. I think the truck needs to look big but in reality not take up too much room.
Really interested in how this comes into form, I think we all are quite confused on what to actually expect come Thursday

Important to remember that the Cybertruck will need to fit in most garages.
Elon has said a good design is when the car can look compact, but be spacious on the inside. I think the truck needs to look big but in reality not take up too much room.
Really interested in how this comes into form, I think we all are quite confused on what to actually expect come Thursday

Lol. Who parks a truck in the garage? Never seen that

That looks fairly awesome.

Put me in the nervous camp though. Why stray so far..when the "mission" is to accelerate transition to EV's. If its too weird in the aesthetics category, transitional acceleration will not be maximized.

I worry they are making a similar mistake to the X. The X flat out should of come out with regular 4 doors first,...and not been delayed for 2 years or whatever it was. Then release the falcon-wing doors a couple years later, as an option. Why not go with more conventional truck, then release the other. Hoping I am wrong..and if it looks like the image below, I think things will be just fine for Tesla.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-13-at-10.55.27-AM.jpg

Tesla-Semi-clone-Neuron-EV.jpg

I used Topaz AI Gigapixel and a few other programs to bring out a bit more data, sharpen some lines and reduce noiseView attachment 477330
This is my favorite rendition so far.

I imagine Tesla wanted to maximize internal room by aggressively slopeing up from the front like the Semi. Trucks have a huge front area for the ICE engines taking up most of that useable space. EV trucks, such as Rivian, unnecessarily keep this "tradition".

The cybertruck body could be used on other platforms such as a full sized SUV, van, or mini-bus. I can see the body being used as the Boring Company transit system vehicle for the Las Vegas convention center (currently under construction).

dims.jpg

I imagine Tesla wanted to maximize internal room by aggressively slopeing up from the front like the Semi. Trucks have a huge front area for the ICE engines taking up most of that useable space. EV trucks, such as Rivian, unnecessarily keep this "tradition".

I know Elon was quoted as saying that the cybertruck would have lots of titanium; is it possible that the titanium is used to reinforce the crumple zone?

Reactions: SpaceCash