Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, the tires are DEFINITELY going to be airless.

They just straight up look like it from the enhanced pics here, but also Elon said "it's literally bulletproof"

The only truly bulletproof tires are airless tires.

I'm sure of this now.

I doubt it. Airless tires are still very much developmental. This is meant to be a production vehicle sold to the masses still.

Looking at one key point (#3) on the R&D site for Michelin:
Michelin Group| R&D key figures
Michelin invests in innovation with a focus on three key areas:
  1. Accelerating development of new ranges for the MICHELIN brand and other Group brands.
  2. Continual progress on improving tire performance and services for each new generation of tires.
  3. Disruptive innovations for truly original solutions.
Sound like another company I know.....Wouldn't put it past Tesla to try something like this.

Bring it, Elon! I’m down for one. I don’t care what it looks like.

All those claiming Model 3 ‘cockpit’ was over sold by Elon have VERY short memories. Have forgotten the angst about having no dash display was the end of the world. Have forgotten the proclamations from Mt Everest how looking an inch to the right (or left depending on country) for your speed et al was distracted driving, OMG! That’s so stoopid. Have forgotten every single person’s/reviewer’s/etc first reaction about the minimalism and road view. Have forgotten everyone’s subsequent reaction when they got back into a regular car ‘cockpit’ and went - Damn! All this instrumentation and huge dash is stoopid.

...and significantly helped the demise of the Pontiac marque.
Isn't this kind of like saying that the fourth smokestack on the Titanic helped it sink? Let's be honest, Pontiac was going down anyway, and it seems hard to know whether the Aztek really had an impact. It's just an unsightly visible reminder of a lot of things they'd gotten wrong, and the aging of a brand.

aitrail08.jpg

I like this open front cabin! But where do you store stuff? It was almost 20 years before I purchased a new SUV because the center consoles kept getting bigger. My main requisites were cupholders and be able to hop over the console in rotten weather when dropping off my spouse of 45 years! Hopping over the Model X console is no problem!

I also like the phone holder location. The Model X has a pretty poor phone holder as you are unable to view it while driving.

This is my favorite rendition so far.

I imagine Tesla wanted to maximize internal room by aggressively slopeing up from the front like the Semi. Trucks have a huge front area for the ICE engines taking up most of that useable space. EV trucks, such as Rivian, unnecessarily keep this "tradition".

The cybertruck body could be used on other platforms such as a full sized SUV, van, or mini-bus. I can see the body being used as the Boring Company transit system vehicle for the Las Vegas convention center (currently under construction).

View attachment 477411
"I want to sit with my torso perpendicular to the motion of the vehicle when it's on a real road, as opposed to, for example a smoothly-running train track, etc."

said no one, ever, who even once has experienced that innards-scrambling body position.

Reactions: Waverider