Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree. Back in 2015 when I had my Model S, I was able to talk to 100% of people. Progressive minded all the way to global warming is a hoax minded. Even some in my own family who made it rich in Oil & Gas and think the California lefties are as crazy as they come, when he saw it and then drove it, he was super impressed and hated the fact that it impressed him.

If I rolled up in a weird mobile that looks, as Elon as stated, as if it "rolled off of a movie set"....he wouldn't stop laughing long enough to even get inside and drive it. Even if it did have awesome specs, he wouldn't stop giving me hell about how utterly bizarre and weird it looks. So the formerly 100% of people I could earnestly show it too drops down a considerable margin.

Out here, if you give people a better product, they'll buy it. As long as it isn't too damn weird. If you have something that is SO out there from a design standpoint, it just further reiterates the stereotype that EVs are weird and those weird lefty tree huggers are just bonkers.

Even though EVs are 1000% more mainstream than they were even just a few years ago, I don't think we're at the point of mainstream adoption that all of the sudden the designers can just do a line of coke and start designing a car so outside of the box that only a small segment will actually buy it.

I hope I am dead wrong. I hope it's 95% awesome and 5% weird, although I'm afraid it will be the opposite.

Well I was wrong....it's 99% weird.

Reactions: ohmman
he must feel really dumb right now
glass_shattered.PNG

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly