Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I plunked down my $100. And it seems lots of other people are too with how laggy and problematic Apple Pay is being. I got the confirmation page, but no email or sign of it in my Tesla account. Not sure if it truly went through or not.

As for the Cybertruck... Definitely a weird-mobile. And yet, lots of functionality there. I knew the tailgate would have a built-in ramp and it’s sad other pickup makers haven’t jumped on that yet. My F-350 has a pop out step and grab bar, yay... The specs and are amazing and so is the rather aggressive pricing. That said, my biggest complaints come back to the angular design and I think it’s a bit too much. I also suspect we may see some further refinements on that over the next 18 months before it’s finalized for production. The sides of the bed being angled can be a real problem. This is a huge point of frustration for many on trucks like the Ridgeline and Avalanche as it makes it impossible to reach over the side of the bed to grab stuff and difficult with the angled surface to deal with lifting or loading things in from the side even with other equipment. What would be awesome is if those angular sides could drop and level out flat when the top cover retracts.

Would like to see how they can make this work with a gooseneck or 5th wheel setup, not sure it’s possible. Honestly the 5th wheel isn’t going to be a thing with this size of truck, but gooseneck still has applications here. I just don’t want to see this as a “lifestyle” truck. Unfortunately that’s what it’s going to be... Kinda like the Ridgeline, Avalanche and now the Rivian RT1 — trucks that are not entirely universal in ability, but do some things rather well.

I’m hoping they continue to work on that electric ATV and end up producing those as well.. Definitely interested, looks like fun. Maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to buy something other than the Honda ATVs I’ve owned my whole life. Plow my driveway and go camping with my 2106 Honda Rancher and I’d love it if could be electric.

Didn't Elon say if people didn't like it they'd pull out plan b or something like that. I loved Blade Runner but I guess I'm not ready for the future. The materials were impressive but the overall look was too angular for me. I'm really not into all these movie concept cars I see at the shows. I will only add that I wasn't sure I'd get behind the Model 3's stark look and center screen and here I am owning one and loving it.

for the first time i am legitimately worried about the solvency of the company. i could very well have a 50k paperweight in a few years (my P3D-)....oh man this truck is awful. and the glass breaking was just painful to watch. like others have said i kept waiting for the curtain to be pulled back and the real truck revealed. wow.
Is it bad that one of my first thoughts was "I wonder who's going to end up owning the supercharger infrastructure?" Like, my mind just went directly there...