Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I'm going with the Bruder, lighter, air-suspension, 35" wheels to match the truck, better CG...

Bruder EXP-6 GT Specifications:

Weight: 1980kg*
ATM: 3000kg*
Axle Capacity: 5200kg
Brakes: 4-wheel ventilated disc
Body Length: 5000mm
Total Length: 6723mm
Ground Clearance: 650mm
Max Tyre Size: 35inch
Low Height: 2470mm
Max Height: 2780mm
Body Width: 1920mm
Wheel Track: 1690mm

Body Insulation R-value: Over 5.1
Water Capacity: 170L Internal body tank (more water storage available)
Chassis: Certified engineered, air-tight & sealed (no holes), painted black, 125mm x 75mm with 2x recovery points and optional Warn winch.
Suspension: Certified engineered, Bruder patented design, 12-inch adjustable wheel travel with correct geometry, 450 grade high tensile circular hollow section tapered suspension arms, 4x Bruder specific remote canister rose joint mono tube shock absorbers.
Body: Certified engineered, Epoxy bonded closed cell composite up to 60mm with no pathway in construction for insulation leakage.

* Weight fluctuates up/down depending on options and build selected. Each EXP-6 GT is individually weighted
* ATM can be altered to suit application

To much info already in this thread.
How are first responders going to cope with the Cybertruck??
How do you get people out after an accident etc etc.
Bulletproof can be a hazard.

before the x was available to buy but after pre-orders were open, the general freakout was what happens if the truck flips over?! how can you get out?!?!

turns out... the people who build cars for a living already considered this scenario and everything was going to be fine.

likewise, im sure the company that said, on general safety concerns, it would never build a motorcycle can figure out how to make crumple zones in the cybrtrk.

its probably like this....

CB2429FB-E2F7-4EB3-BEFA-E85335697D6D.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly
before the x was available to buy but after pre-orders were open, the general freakout was what happens if the truck flips over?! how can you get out?!?!

turns out... the people who build cars for a living already considered this scenario and everything was going to be fine.

likewise, im sure the company that said, on general safety concerns, it would never build a motorcycle can figure out how to make crumple zones in the cybrtrk.

it is not about crumpelzones. How to open the doors after an accident or how tho smash the windows after an accident or if the car gets under water

To much info already in this thread.
How are first responders going to cope with the Cybertruck??
How do you get people out after an accident etc etc.
Bulletproof can be a hazard.

Right. And what if someone dies in the Cybertruck and their ghost remains? Can ghost escape through Tesla panel gaps? And will the panel gaps on the Cybertruck even be big enough to serve as a ghost exit? We need more information here.........

Right. And what if someone dies in the Cybertruck and their ghost remains? Can ghost escape through Tesla panel gaps? And will the panel gaps on the Cybertruck even be big enough to serve as a ghost exit? We need more information here.........

Not really related, but reminds me of Joke told by Jeremy Clarkson:

Mercedes Engineer: We randomly select a car on the assembly line, put a cat in it and leave it there overnight. If the cat dies of suffocation by morning, we know the seals are good enough.

Jaguar Engineer: We randomly select a car on the assembly line, put a cat in it and leave it there overnight. If the cat doesn't escape by morning, we know the seals are good enough.

I've been watching EV development for a long time, believe me I understand all the benefits of designing a ground-up EV around the battery pack in a skateboard style. It's EV 101. What goes on top of that skateboard however can be designed to look like pretty much anything; why does it have to look like a nine year old carved it with a chisel?

Can you tell me what benefits the peaked pyramid shape provides? Surely it can't be aerodynamics or car designers would have settled on that long ago. Don't tell me you think that Tesla is going to "drag the rest kicking and screaming" into designing polygon cars?

And there's been a lot of cars in history with steeply raked, flat windshields throughout history. Some of them are my favorite cars. That design might be fine for an exotic, maybe not so much for a vehicle which promises such utility. Remember GM's "dustbuster" vans? This thing takes that up to 11. It's radical, I'll give you that. I don't know what it would be like to actually live with.

We better start making some space in our lobby for 48-inch wiper blades.

Exactly.
The material, hard rolled stainless-the hardest you can make commercially cant be bent or pressed so you have angles. But you get rid of the paint line, the press and thus lose 1/2 of the factory and the two slowest parts of the assembly line.

The form is actually very aerodyamic (in one thread there are good models from someone that did the aero dynamic simulations.

The nose breaks up and the tail releases the airfoil very nicely. It is impressive.

The skeleton gives the strength needed to tow. Towing is a brutal experience on a truck chassis. The cybertruck frame absorbs that because it is this very thick hard stainless.

It is tough. Trucks are meant to be tough. You are not going to dent easily, nor scratch. I can back my skidsteer into it and not damage a door. That would be progress on my farm.

The specs speak for themselves. Ford and Rivian are going to be scratching heads saying how do I get from here to there.