Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B41825FB-9F3E-43B8-81FF-274FFC5D089F.jpeg
I liked this render.

Right, and no particular reason to expect the Cybertruck would be aimed at the gooseneck market. That is a small, although functionally significant, part of the US truck market.
It's also the place where an EV is the weakest as it's dominated by large diesels with heavy trailers.

Not exactly, because that changes the angle between the bed and the trailer. You want it level because that means the trailer is level and the trailer’s weight is equally distributed across however many axles the trailer has. Raising or lowering the truck is about half of it (likely lowering as the cybertruck looks tall, but then its going to look like its dragging its tail; not a very good look for the zombie apocalypse). The other way is raising the trailer which is a major undertaking involving welding.
Plus pulling and even loading an uneven trailer is not fun.

i also have a F350 and tow a 36’ gooseneck trailer for a racecar. No way the trailer wouldnt hit the sails on either side of the bed on this truck. In addition, the truck looks very tall. This presents an issue for gooseneck/5th wheel trailers as it minimizes the distance between the trailer and the bed. Between these two things, Tesla has either written off this use case or has something else in mind other than what we saw.
If the size comparison with the F150 overlaw was accurate the whole truck is slightly shorter than the Ford, which makes the sailpanels much lower than most people think. Although I have no idea whether or not that fixes your gooseneck collision issue.

Does anyone think there is a chance for a two motor long range version, possibly at $59k? The 500 mile range is very much needed for towing but I really have no need for a truck to do 2.9 0-60 and tow above 10,000 lbs. And saving som money would be very nice.

I had been wondering about this as well, however, I think the big jump in price from 300 mile to 500 mile has more to do with a near doubling of the battery size. I wouldn't be surprised if keeping the 500 mile battery but switching to dual motor might only drop the price by few thousand, but probably not close to $10000. I suspect much of the acceleration benefit is almost as much a side effect of having the much larger battery pack as it is having the third motor.

Agreed. It benchmarks the F150 and very few tow a goose with one of those.
Yep, I think it targets the f150 but offers top of the line f250/bottom line f350 capabilities. I prefer a goosneck but maybe I don't need one with this vehicle. We'll see.

My takeaway here is that there is going to be a significant market for trailer redesign to mimic the capabilities and functionality of the cybertruck. I bet someone could create an 8 digit company by really ripping apart the old manual on trailer design and rethinking in the same way the cybertruck did

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric