Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Dashcam Failed When Needed Most - During an Accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things to note:
1) A crash is pretty high Gs, the connection could be "interrupted" physically due to this. Further, some flash memory is susceptible to high G shock.
2) I have had similar issues without the "crash". It has been working fine until last fall when I started to get some random issues. Just hitting the button when being cut off, etc. Then review the saved clips (and sentry btw) to find nothing through the car UI nor when I pull it to check on the computer. It started to get worse around June. Just this last week I replaced the ScanDisk extreme flash stick with a ScanDisk extreme MVMe external drive (much bigger/faster) and it has been rock solid. So in my case I think either the memory stick went bad, or throughput was not good enough for the Tesla after some update.

Had a similar issue. A car started merging into me pushing me toward some lane seperators. I was able to avoid the collision, click the clip button a few moments after and yeah of course it’s the only thing NOT on the SSD….WTF