TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Dealer says account is setup but app still says no vehicle linked

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by hemants, Jan 12, 2015.

1. hemants

hemants Member

Anything i can do?

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

1. There is no such thing as a Tesla "dealer". It's a store or a service center.
    2. Give it 24 hours after delivery, if the app still isn't active then you should call Tesla service.

• Dislike x 1
  3. GreenT

GreenT Member

While I agree with the dealer nomenclature, but what if he bought the car used from a "dealer"?

4. TES-E

TES-E Member

He specifies a 'Tesla Dealer', not a generic dealer.

My car in September took about 8 hours to recognize the phone app.

5. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

He doesn't say he purchased the car yet. Early in the process "my tesla" is set up for documents etc. You can't get to the car with the app until you purchase and through the console make it available.

6. morbot

morbot Member

First thing I'd check is your settings on the Tesla to make sure you've enabled remote access:
    Controls > Settings > Safety & Security > Remote Access > On

Based on your post history, looks like you bought a previously owned Signature Model S a couple weeks ago? It might have some connection issue since the previous owner may have set it up. If you have the 6.1 upgrade you can try a "factory reset" which may clear any connections to previous accounts (warning: I don't know that this would fix the issue, but it will clear all your other personalized settings. If you don't want to risk the hassle, just skip to calling customer service.)

Otherwise, I'd suggest reaching out to customer support instead of your local store/service center. Customer support line may be more familiar with the issue. Make you you have your VIN & account info, and (assuming you bought a used Signature based on your posts) let them know the full background of your situation.

7. wayner

wayner Active Member

It took me about 48 hours and I was in contact with the Delivery guys at the Lawrence service centre so I think they may have had to get the guy back at the mothership to reauthorize or whatever.

8. Liz G

Liz G P03056

My husband bought a used Tesla from anon-Tesla dealer and Tesla would not give him access to the car via the app until he has provided them proof of ownership and then it still took a day or two to activate.

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

It's good they're careful and require proof of ownership when the car isn't purchased from Tesla.

10. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I had to contact ownership for mine. It hadn't shown up after 24 hours. It took about a day after that to show up in the app. It should have been automatic, but even with the hiccup was relatively painless to sort out.

11. Killface

Killface Member

Mine also took around 36-48 hours for the app to start working.