Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Decal for Caliper Paint Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to plan for the early spring when I will change out my tires and use that opportunity to soundproof the wheelwells and paint the brake calipers. I did a similar project on my Porsche last year and it came out great. I found it very easy to get Porsche decals for the calipers on the Ebay. Nothing available for Tesla. Does anybody have any suggestions where I could get decals for the brake calipers? Any help would be most appreciated.

Starting to plan for the early spring when I will change out my tires and use that opportunity to soundproof the wheelwells and paint the brake calipers. I did a similar project on my Porsche last year and it came out great. I found it very easy to get Porsche decals for the calipers on the Ebay. Nothing available for Tesla. Does anybody have any suggestions where I could get decals for the brake calipers? Any help would be most appreciated.

yea i'd be curious about this too when i'm due for new tires. i dont think i'd go red through. perhaps glossy black with white Tesla decal.

I would be interested too Dave! .... plus I am intrigues by the sound proofing the wheel wells.. what does that entail???

I have almost no interest in painting my calipers, but I too am intrigued by the notion of sound proofing the wheel wells. Is obvious to me that Tesla doesn't know how to do this as well as is done on my 2009 ML320 which is quieter than the Model S at 70 MPH, and diesel to boot.

Wow! I emailed as well. Dave might regret opening the floodgates! I've been looking all over for these in case I decide to paint my calipers.

Btw, are these made with heat resistant vinyl? Even though we don't use the brakes as much on a Model S, I'd venture heat is a potential factor.

-Ok There is a big demand. I had no clue.
So here's the deal. I will print these on high temp. vinyl and I will laminate them.
I will post pictures of them. You can have black, red, gray, all with white letters.
You will need to e mail me your address and color choice. Those of you that care to send a few bucks to cover the cost after you put them on, that would be great. If you do not, no problem. Let's have fun.
Photo's later this week.

Dave
Thanks so much. Would need them in white individual letters without background - see attached pics for the Porsche. Some may desire black letters...is this doable...also sent out an email to various ebay suppliers to see if they can make them. Thanks for the generous offer......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,088
Here is round one. Choose red,black, gray, all with white letters.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave
Thanks so much. Would need them in white individual letters without background - see attached pics for the Porsche. Some may desire black letters...is this doable...also sent out an email to various ebay suppliers to see if they can make them. Thanks for the generous offer......
We can try, but the surface of the cover is not a smooth surface so sticking may be an issue.

Attachments

• 20140204_191416.jpg
    20140204_191416.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,039
Dave, thanks so much for your efforts and generous offer. I have found a supplier in Ebay who will make high temperature vinyl stickers as specified. They do these stickers for other cats and she had the logo in her online database. $7 for the set. Should receive mine by early next week and then I will post pictures and provide reference information. Hope that helps.

Dave, thanks so much for your efforts and generous offer. I have found a supplier in Ebay who will make high temperature vinyl stickers as specified. They do these stickers for other cats and she had the logo in her online database. $7 for the set. Should receive mine by early next week and then I will post pictures and provide reference information. Hope that helps.

Will you please share the eBay URL?

It would be great to have the individual letters with no background: if we stick them on then apply a clear coat over them, it should protect it, I'd imagine(having no experience with these at all).

Btw definitely happy to pay for these.

Thanks!

I will have my art department cut and put them on clear Monday. .

This would require painting the caliper which I would not want to do to mine.