Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Decal for Caliper Paint Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of my new Model S early August. Plan to replicate red calipers with white lettering found on P90D. Ebay seller of vinyl letters wants me to provide dimensions of the letters. Post says fronts are 9/32 * 3 3/4; rears 7/32 * 3. This seems too small. Can anyone verify the lettering size for front and real calipers?

So here are the dimensions of the lettering:

Factory front caliper lettering: 9/32" x 3 3/4"
Factory rear caliper lettering: 7/32" x 3"
Decals from eBay seller: 14/32" x 3 7/8"

I think that the taller letters from the eBay seller actually look better for the front calipers, but they do not fit on the rears. So I emailed the seller requesting that he make them in 11/32" x 3 1/8". These will fit the rear calipers and are proportional to the lettering he sent that fits the fronts. I got a message from him today with the USPS tracking # for the smaller decals, so I expect to receive them in a few days. Great response by the eBay seller!

Hey sorry I'm late chiming in, but I have redone my brembos on my race car. The key is to get high temp vinyl and then have your powdercoater let caliper cool down after baking them and then put the high temp decals on and then powder coat clear over them. It works really good and can endure in a high temp environment. I race the car all year with no issues.

I am resurrecting this thread. I am going to have a guy who does lot of Wheel work for Tesla paint my calipers. I am looking for caliper decals. The link from ebay few yrs back is not working. Anybody has a recommendation for a good set of caliper decals? The guy suggested Silver paint instead of Red. I appreciate any input. Thanks

Text size is not correct. Doesn’t look original. We at Tesland make our own stickers
ACEABB04-0CB5-4930-97CF-E90071958637.jpeg

Reactions: lsds and bhakan