Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Delays Deliveries of Refreshed Model S, Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC members are reporting longer timelines for delivery of the refreshed Model S and Model X.

For the Model S, it’s a waiting game. But, it seems there may be a date soon. Twitter user @Huddster2 shared an email from Tesla saying more information will be shared next week.

“Due to high volume of Model S orders Tesla has at this time, we currently don’t have an estimated delivery date for you but that should change within the next week, as soon as there is an estimated delivery date provided internally for you order, I will reach out ASAP,” the note said.

It seems most orders for the Model X are pushed out six to eight months.

Tesla did not offer any further details to people who have ordered the new versions of the vehicle. Given that the vehicles are receiving their most significant update since their debut, it’s possible Tesla is still sorting out some of the production details.

The refreshed vehicles will feature updated battery modules, battery packs and drive units. The exterior changes will subtle. The interior, however, will receive more significant updates such as the horizontal touchscreen found in the Model 3 and Model Y. Other improvements are a lithium-ion 12V auxiliary battery and heat pump found in other new Tesla vehicles.

TMC members are reporting longer timelines for delivery of the refreshed Model S and Model X.

For the Model S, it’s a waiting game. But, it seems there may be a date soon. Twitter user @Huddster2 shared an email from Tesla saying more information will be shared next week.

“Due to high volume of Model S orders Tesla has at this time, we currently don’t have an estimated delivery date for you but that should change within the next week, as soon as there is an estimated delivery date provided internally for you order, I will reach out ASAP,” the note said.

It seems most orders for the Model X are pushed out six to eight months.

Tesla did not offer any further details to people who have ordered the new versions of the vehicle. Given that the vehicles are receiving their most significant update since their debut, it’s possible Tesla is still sorting out some of the production details.

The refreshed vehicles will feature updated battery modules, battery packs and drive units. The exterior changes will subtle. The interior, however, will receive more significant updates such as the horizontal touchscreen found in the Model 3 and Model Y. Other improvements are a lithium-ion 12V auxiliary battery and heat pump found in other new Tesla vehicles.
I ordered a 5 seat x in April 2021. Delivery has been pushed 4 times now. Delivery date is Aug 2022 now. Getting very frustrated by this and the lack of communication from Tesla to me on why. I have no faith that they will even meet this new date.