Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Delays Model X Deliveries (Nov 2022)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were scheduled to take delivery of our new MX this Saturday (500 days after original order) but just received this message from Tesla:

Tesla Update: We have just been informed that all new Model X deliveries are currently on hold awaiting a firmware update that will enhance the experience for our customers. We anticipate this to be finalized by 11/16 and thus will need to reschedule your delivery. Please select a new delivery appointment here: tesla.com/schedule/

We apologize for any inconvenience and will reach out as we receive updates. Reply to this message if you have any questions.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs
My delivery is Nov 27 - Jan 1st - I've not received a VIN yet but its still a bit early.
Beyond delivery defects, I'm concerned wether it will be a model year 22 or 23.
I want a 23 of course but I believe they're removing the infrasonic sensors and like most I'd prefer to have them!

We were scheduled to take delivery of our new MX this Saturday (500 days after original order) but just received this message from Tesla:

Anyone know what the issue is?
Many of us got our deliveries pushed back, and they haven't told us anything more. I got notified a few hours before pickup, which is frustrating. Hopefully they won't delay it again. I/we have been waiting too long.

My delivery is Nov 27 - Jan 1st - I've not received a VIN yet but its still a bit early.
Beyond delivery defects, I'm concerned wether it will be a model year 22 or 23.
I want a 23 of course but I believe they're removing the infrasonic sensors and like most I'd prefer to have them!
Hey, I placed my order for two Xs LR around June 2022, they were delivered in November all of a sudden. Initial delivery time-frame was May-June 2023. Both of them are indicated as 2023 in the app and the VIN (Letter N before F(remont) - 2022, P - 2023). They come with sensors, but no keyfobs or included charger, also the biggest downgrade - "vent" command in the app is not available anymore, so I can't remotely vent the car. Also, if any of the windows were opened, they wouldn't close automatically upon leaving the car, this function is simply missing. I have another 2 Xs LR 2022, they are on the same latest firmwhare, but both features are available. I'm about too write a loooong post with photos about my experience with 4 XLR I received for me and my family members. Nothing funny or exciting, sorry. Tesla cars in my opinion are the best EV option on the road, but the amount of "salt" I had to swallow as a Tesla owner with a every single car delivery and service literally killed all excitement.

Hey, I placed my order for two Xs LR around June 2022, they were delivered in November all of a sudden. Initial delivery time-frame was May-June 2023. Both of them are indicated as 2023 in the app and the VIN (Letter N before F(remont) - 2022, P - 2023). They come with sensors, but no keyfobs or included charger, also the biggest downgrade - "vent" command in the app is not available anymore, so I can't remotely vent the car. Also, if any of the windows were opened, they wouldn't close automatically upon leaving the car, this function is simply missing. I have another 2 Xs LR 2022, they are on the same latest firmwhare, but both features are available. I'm about too write a loooong post with photos about my experience with 4 XLR I received for me and my family members. Nothing funny or exciting, sorry. Tesla cars in my opinion are the best EV option on the road, but the amount of "salt" I had to swallow as a Tesla owner with a every single car delivery and service literally killed all excitement.
Soon after I wrote the post above my delivery CHANGED to December 12-January 23. :mad:
Its only Two-Weeks but still disappointing. My Order was Dec 2021 so not sure how you gots yours so quickly. Sucks to hear about those features in your '23's? not working (strange). I'm hoping Santa brings my X at or before XMAS. 🤞

Soon after I wrote the post above my delivery CHANGED to December 12-January 23. :mad:
Its only Two-Weeks but still disappointing. My Order was Dec 2021 so not sure how you gots yours so quickly. Sucks to hear about those features in your '23's? not working (strange). I'm hoping Santa brings my X at or before XMAS. 🤞
IDK man, sorry to hear about that delay. I'm sure that "vent" command and "automatic window roll-up on walkaway" feature will not be available with the new deliveries, but you still might get ultrasonic sensors until end of 2023.
I'm selling one X 2022 if anyone interested (not for profit or flipping intentions),
20220807_191838.jpg
I just ended up not needing that many (5 cars in the family are to much for me to maintain while being the only guy willing to do that lol).

Supposedly my X is on the way down to Dallas. Got the VIN a few days ago (it's a PF, so I believe that's a 2023). I ordered back in Feb 2022, delivery is now Nov 28 to Dec 7.
I must have messed up somehow lol. Seems many of you are getting your X sooner than me even though I ordered Dec 2021. Dont get me wrong, I am truly happy for you. I just don't get it. Perhaps its the specific model I picked - LR White Exterior with White 6-seater interior and FSD. Right now Im still No Vin with Dec 12-Jan 23rd delivery. 😞

I must have messed up somehow lol. Seems many of you are getting your X sooner than me even though I ordered Dec 2021. Dont get me wrong, I am truly happy for you. I just don't get it. Perhaps its the specific model I picked - LR White Exterior with White 6-seater interior and FSD. Right now Im still No Vin with Dec 12-Jan 23rd delivery. 😞
Mine is LR Red exterior with tan interior and FSD. Regular wheels.

I don’t particularly like that I paid more for my 2023 X than it costs now, but I have to say (especially to those lurkers who are wondering whether to buy and X given all the negative comments on this forum), that this X is the best car I’ve ever owned. The fit and finish are great and I’ve had zero issues that needed correction. I think the paint coating may be too thin so I’d advise new owners to have PPF done on the front 1/3rd at least.