Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla deletes cheap Cybertruck from its website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has removed pricing and model information from the Cybertruck reservation website, replacing it with a simple "Buy Now" button that allows customers to reserve an unspecified truck with a refundable $100 deposit and says that "you will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in 2022."

The website previously listed three versions of the Cybertruck, with the Single Motor RWD starting at $39,900, which made it the lowest-priced Tesla available in the U.S. Dual Motor and Tri Motor AWD models were also offered at $49,900 and $69,000, respectively.

Tesla, which does not have an active communications office, has not responded to a question from FOX Business as to whether the $39,900 model would still be available, and Elon Musk hasn't yet said anything about the change on his Twitter account.

Source
What makes you think that the "cheap" version won't be sold? Are you just spreading Fox news lies?

You fail to realize I have no education in finance and hyperinflation is my OWN word to describe what I'm seeing at my local grocery stores, gas stations, Tesla prices and so on. I don't care what the technical definition of hyperinflation is because I make money in a completely different industry than finance.

I'm late to this party, but the reason it's important not to misuse the word hyperinflation is that it only happens when a country's economy collapses to the point that nobody wants to accept its currency. My purpose for mansplaining this isn't to give you a hard time, it's that I'm in America, where there's a lot of nasty and extremely dangerous propaganda going around. It's intended to convince people we need to end our democracy in part because of the economy, to put it bluntly.

There is some inflation around the world at the moment, and even serious economists (as opposed to ideological ones) are having a hard time explaining it completely. Covid is at the center of it, of course, but it's more complicated and far-ranging than just the supply chain.

Meanwhile, the thing to understand about Cybertruck prices is that they were announced before the current wave of inflation. Inflation hasn't hit everything yet, but one thing it has hit hard is cars.

By the way, prices were actually *too* stable for many years. (Some inflation is good, because it encourages people to invest their money before it loses value, rather than sitting on it and hurting the economy.)

Also, I want my 2004 BMW X5 to last a long time - and now that we have a Model 3, it'll last longer than it would have done (since I'm driving it a lot less).

But when it goes, I hope I can afford a Cybertruck. That thing seems ideal for me - it carries passengers, it's big enough to transport big things in the back, and it promises to drive like a Tesla (which is amazing).

Reactions: JBT66 and mspohr