Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla deletes cheap Cybertruck from its website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has removed pricing and model information from the Cybertruck reservation website, replacing it with a simple "Buy Now" button that allows customers to reserve an unspecified truck with a refundable $100 deposit and says that "you will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in 2022."

The website previously listed three versions of the Cybertruck, with the Single Motor RWD starting at $39,900, which made it the lowest-priced Tesla available in the U.S. Dual Motor and Tri Motor AWD models were also offered at $49,900 and $69,000, respectively.

Tesla, which does not have an active communications office, has not responded to a question from FOX Business as to whether the $39,900 model would still be available, and Elon Musk hasn't yet said anything about the change on his Twitter account.

Source

Shipping containers have skyrocketed. I used to pay $4k before covid.for 1 container, and this week it's $28k., and next week is $32k. Amazon and Walmart are booking far more in advance with big $$$ contacts. Hope Tesla has their shipping locked up too.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
Tesla will sell you a 250 miles rated, very capable RWD all stainless steel truck for *less* than a base Model 3 SR ? C'mon... was never going to happen
Model 3 SR+ currently listed for $41,990 after price hikes and if the EV credit gets passed will likely get additional price raise(s). So possible will still sell for lower base price, and like SR models maybe go off menu and probably not available for many months after higher trimmed options. ;)

Yes, it will be cheaper as it is way easier to manufacture. I hope they do get rid of the rear wheel drive version - it should be illegal to produce a truck without all wheel drive...

Brent
why RWD tows better, better mpg and % of trucks seeing snow and ice in southern states is small ... as is offroading in mud or sand...

Shipping containers have skyrocketed. I used to pay $4k before covid.for 1 container, and this week it's $28k., and next week is $32k. Amazon and Walmart are booking far more in advance with big $$$ contacts. Hope Tesla has their shipping locked up too.
I do not have all the info, but from what I have read so far the bulky and heavy stuff is made in North America, with only the CPU (chips) made in Taiwan and/or S Korea, which are light and small enough to be easily air freighted to US.

Given Tesla can mfg at full tilt, they are avoiding all the issues that are killing the others.

Reactions: sperkin and AquaY
Yes - for ICE vehicles, 2WD has better MPG. For Tesla vehicles with AWD and a rear motor that can disengage such as the Model S and Model X, the AWD version gets better numbers. What happens is that when cruising on the highway, the rear motor shuts off and the more efficient front motor does all of the work. I hope this is how they do it for the Cybertruck.

Brent

But around that time they were talking about new battery technology that would decrease costs, so a $40k CT was conceivable. It was also before hyper inflation that we've seen in the last 6 months.
repeat with me... 4-5% inflation is *NOT* "hyperinflation" ... every economist would laugh at you. hyperinflation would be 20%+ inflation... what you have in Venezuela, Turkey etc or Weimar Republic back in the days...

You fail to realize I have no education in finance and hyperinflation is my OWN word to describe what I'm seeing at my local grocery stores, gas stations, Tesla prices and so on. I don't care what the technical definition of hyperinflation is because I make money in a completely different industry than finance.
There's no such thing as a private language.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'"
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Hyperinflation is when you pay for a restaurant meal before the food comes out because it will cost more come dessert.
the problem I have is that people who know better are using the term "hyperinflation" purposely incorrectly to stoke fears and make political points/ cater to their audience who doesn't know better.

it takes 2min to look up historical inflation rates in this country and 4-5% inflation is what we had for most of Reagans two terms and under LBJ. During the Ford / Carter years inflation peaked all the way up to +12%.

It is not until 2012 and onwards that inflation rates remained at extremely low 2% or lower ... but back then the same people crying now about "hyperinflation" were telling us we would be seeing "stagflation". sometimes economic comments really change 180 with whoever is in the WH.

You fail to realize I have no education in finance and hyperinflation is my OWN word to describe what I'm seeing at my local grocery stores, gas stations, Tesla prices and so on. I don't care what the technical definition of hyperinflation is because I make money in a completely different industry than finance.
Yes, personally it bites, real question is will it last?

Reactions: texas_star_TM3