Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla deletes cheap Cybertruck from its website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no problem stopping for 15 minutes at a Tesla Supercharger on the few long distance trips I take (provided they don't require that I stop near a cattle feed lot, which I just find too upsetting to deal with). That was why we decided against the extended range Model 3 - we figured that having to stop for a few minutes wasn't worth the extra $9000!

Point being, how many more charging stations get built is the X factor for all EVs, not just the Cybertruck.
The whole reason I want lots of range (and solar) is because I like to go places where there are no charging stations or even gas stations for miles around. I also like to use camp mode.

Only upgraded to tri motor after a few months driving the Model Y and bumping into range/ battery limits. Swallowing $20k was a tough pill.

Bovinophobia?

Sorry, I just can't laugh about it.

While I do eat chicken and fish - you have to eat something - I stopped eating mammals (and ducks) 30 years ago.

I don't claim that there's anything rational about it, because I do wear leather shoes. But it makes me feel a tiny bit less sick when I think about it.

Regardless, I certainly don't want to stop to charge with the overpowering stench of those disgusting feed lots.

While I do eat chicken and fish - you have to eat something - I stopped eating mammals (and ducks) 30 years ago.

I don't claim that there's anything rational about it, because I do wear leather shoes. But it makes me feel a tiny bit less sick when I think about it.

Regardless, I certainly don't want to stop to charge with the overpowering stench of those disgusting feed lots.
I eat beef, but agreee about feed lots. I try to eat grass fed whenever possible because once you’ve seen and experienced herds of cattle standing up to their knees in 5 foot high piles of *sugar*, it’s hard to get excited about eating it.

I’m not sure if these are the places you are thinking of, but in California along highway 5, there is a stretch of feed lots and/ or dairies which stink up a 20 mile stretch of the road. Plenty along 99 as well.

Reactions: nickbatz

Skinning those cows sure makes great “feet second skins” as you’ve come to understand. At least you understand the hypocrisy. 🤣🥴

Too bad, since Ox tail and brisket are delicious!

I eat beef, but agreee about feed lots. I try to eat grass fed whenever possible because once you’ve seen and experienced herds of cattle standing up to their knees in 5 foot high piles of *sugar*, it’s hard to get excited about eating it.

I’m not sure if these are the places you are thinking of, but in California along highway 5, there is a stretch of feed lots and/ or dairies which stink up a 20 mile stretch of the road. Plenty along 99 as well.
Yes, especially around Harris Ranch, where there's a Supercharger.

I think it's possible to get from Bakersfield to Santa Nella on a charge. It's 175 miles (standard range Model 3).

Reactions: Ogre
Yes, especially around Harris Ranch, where there's a Supercharger.

I think it's possible to get from Bakersfield to Santa Nella on a charge. It's 175 miles (standard range Model 3).
They serve great steaks there while you wait to supercharge. Can even bring it back, with your cow skin shoes, to the car to introduce it to the vegan (petroleum) leather in the car.
Hypocrisy? What a ridiculous comment.

Yes, I'm offended at your insensitivity.
Might want to look down at your leather shoes while you get sad about someone pointing out your hypocrisy.

I wonder if they will offer exiting res holders the option to reconfigure to a 4. Is this 4 motor variant a response to Rivian?
Musk has said explicitly they will allow tri-motor orders to transfer to quad motor. I suspect they are going to eliminate the tri-motor entirely and tri orders will be rolled to quad.

We have no idea how this will work or if/ what happens to pricing.

Reactions: Zer0t
one thing I just don't get is why anyone is ordering a CT if it is EDD 2025. no vehicle will be relevant that far away. literally every truck manufacturer will have an EV truck option by then and even CT will be completely changed or not exist by then. This is just tesla taking money for something they know won't exist
The current production schedule calls for late 2022/early 2023, not 2025. Yeah, maybe it will end up there, who knows. And for a $100 deposit, what's the big deal? Plenty of folks have pre-ordered the Rivian, F-150 Lightning, Hummer, etc.