Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Delivered 241,300 Vehicles in Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla delivered 241,300 electric vehicles during the third quarter of 2021.

“In the third quarter, we produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles,” the company said in a release. “We would like to thank our customers for their patience as we work through global supply chain and logistics challenges.”

Screen-Shot-2021-10-04-at-12.13.46-PM.png

Of the cars produced, 228,882 were Model 3 and Y vehicles. The company produced 8,941 of its pricier Model S and X vehicles.

In Q2, Tesla delivered 201,250 vehicles and produced 206,421 cars.

“Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct,” the company said in a release. “Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's horrible, less than 10,000 Model S produced and delivered.

No wonder I'm sitting on a 6+ wait for a Model S. It's obvious that Tesla is focusing on the lower end market for the Model 3/Y versus the higher end S/X area.

Wow that's horrible, less than 10,000 Model S produced and delivered.

No wonder I'm sitting on a 6+ wait for a Model S. It's obvious that Tesla is focusing on the lower end market for the Model 3/Y versus the higher end S/X area.
Pretty sure the limited deliveries of the S And X are because of the refresh and the inability to get most models at this time and throughout the quarter. I think they are still only delivering Plaid S’s and the x’s aren’t available/delivering until next year.

Lucid is a great looking car, but will only have a presence in 20 cities, which will limit where people will purchase. The new Mercedes electric sedan is supposed to be on showroom floors this calendar year, so that means soon. I believe it is in the low $100K range. Its exterior is not much better than the Tesla S but the interior looks far better IMO. I agree Tesla will be facing more pressure at the high-end first...