Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery location change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I am looking to purchase a reservation from a buyer located other side of country. He dint enter any registration information yet. When we make deal I am planning to enter registration information. Does entering information to my dl will it change delivery location automatically. Or I need to pick vehicle in original location and ship to my location. It's like 20 hrs of drive so no point of driving. Any suggestions on this are appreciated.

Hello I am looking to purchase a reservation from a buyer located other side of country. He dint enter any registration information yet. When we make deal I am planning to enter registration information. Does entering information to my dl will it change delivery location automatically. Or I need to pick vehicle in original location and ship to my location. It's like 20 hrs of drive so no point of driving. Any suggestions on this are appreciated.
Abort! Don't try this. Tesla doesn't support transferring reservations...etc...The second they realize what is being attempted they will cancel the sale.

To answer your question though. Tesla will not change delivery location. When an order is placed, they know the person's address and determine the location where car will be sent. I am a perfect example. I am in Los Angeles California and had an order for a vehicle to arrive at the Tesla store a few blocks from my house. Then I got the opportunity to get a similar model in a few days. The car was still at Fremont, California factory storage lot but had already been registered to be shipped to Palm Springs, 100 miles away 2 hour drive about. Due to how Teslao's order pipeline works (or perhaps USA regulations), once a VIN is assigned the destination info can not be changed. When I asked Tesla said they could not change the destination of vehicle. I drove out and got the car. Love it...after a few visits to the SC to fix panel gaps.