Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I ordered my MX P100D 22” Full auto de bing black on 4th September in Germany.
After 4 weeks I called them, and the told me may be in two weeks.
Now we have more than 6 weeks, called they. And the told me that it is a “custom” order, make model x are taking a lot of time.. she told me that thinks It will delivered until end of the year..

Just got ours today. We turned in a lease and Tesla contacted us in advance about a new one. We place the order August 8 for Sept 17 delivery. The car arrived Sept 20, just as we were leaving town for two weeks. They sold that one and ordered another for us, which arrived yesterday. So it took about a month. Looks beautiful. Only issue so far is the arm rest is a little loose. I scheduled a mobile visit via the app for next week. We loved our 2016 X, despite little issues, mostly rattles. The Raven definitely seems to have a smoother ride because of the new suspension. The X is the best car we’ve ever had.

BTW, I asked how deliveries are now and they said they are slow because supply is limited and new 3s are being sent to China.

From memory my order process ran as follows:
15th August - ordered and paid deposit online
16th August - set up Tesla account and received RN number for the order
Nothing more until a phone call from Tesla some 2 or 3 weeks later to confirm my delivery details and trade in details if relevant
Around 20th September VIN number appeared in source code
Around 23rd September final invoice appeared in my Tesla account with the same VIN as in source code and a scheduled delivery date of 30th October
Around 25th September email from Tesla telling me final invoice was in my account
15th October email from Tesla rescheduling pick up to 26th October and this same date appeared in my Tesla account. Also given registration number for car
Now patiently waiting for delivery date!

Hope this helps

tony
Thank you very much. Spoke with Tesla Yesterday, and now they are saying december delivery. o_O

Ordered my X on Oct 2nd. Told the standard 2 weeks, a few days later was told 3-4 weeks. Then last week was told late December, as the major push is for EU/Asian deliveries. Frustrating to say the least.
Since I am in Europe, and my expected delivery keeps being postponed, I would say that it’s BS..
I ordered on 4th September, and still no VIN, nor expected delivery... only a very vague “ probably before end of the year”...
That would be almost 4 months to delivery!

No I didn't ask but I guess we know that they are targeting other regions first.

I was told "December at this point" for NE US last night.

Of course, I also just got a text saying my vehicle is in transit and that I have until tongith to schedule my delivery appointment. The website doesn't show a VIN; the schedule a delivery doesn't show a VIN, and I can't actually complete scheduling delivery... But I can view available time frames so it looks like they plan on building and delivering my car in two weeks - which would put it at 4 weeks total. (Stated 2 weeks at order)

I was told "December at this point" for NE US last night.

Of course, I also just got a text saying my vehicle is in transit and that I have until tongith to schedule my delivery appointment. The website doesn't show a VIN; the schedule a delivery doesn't show a VIN, and I can't actually complete scheduling delivery... But I can view available time frames so it looks like they plan on building and delivering my car in two weeks - which would put it at 4 weeks total. (Stated 2 weeks at order)

When did you place your order?

I just spoke to sales at Buena Park about my October 7 order I placed for a Performance X and asked if the car was still on track for a 2-3 week delivery as stated on the order page when I placed the order. I was told that it will most likely be December because they are working on Europe vehicles. He said he was going off an update that they got last week and that the times show on the order page is now correct.

:(

I placed my order at the end of September too and I'm picking mine up on Thursday. Glad I ordered when I did. The sales rep warned me that waits would probably be 1-2 months or more as it got closer to the end of the year, but I didn't expect that to start in October! As it stands now I'll end up getting mine just one day shy of 4 weeks (online estimate was <2 but rep warned me it would be more like 4 and he was right).

• Helpful
Reactions: Obsoletion
I ordered MX LR on October 16. Website showed 2-3 week delivery. Put $2,500 deposit. 6 hours later and email came from Vegas saying the delivery time is 6-9 weeks. Cancelled the order on 18th and will reorder same but only pay $100 and get the same delivery time. While waiting I will search existing inventory. If I see 1 that fits, I get the order and get the existing
UPDATE: First order was cancelled October 18 and I waited 24 hours before reordering same model and trim with a $100 deposit.
October 20 the $2500 was credited back to my CC.

No further word regarding a VIN or delivery date. Still looking at the existing inventory for a match.

I placed my order at the end of September too and I'm picking mine up on Thursday. Glad I ordered when I did. The sales rep warned me that waits would probably be 1-2 months or more as it got closer to the end of the year, but I didn't expect that to start in October! As it stands now I'll end up getting mine just one day shy of 4 weeks (online estimate was <2 but rep warned me it would be more like 4 and he was right).

Weird, mine is also end of September - no word from tesla yet. I am in Washington :(

Tesla previously required a $2500 deposit with an order, which was fully refundable. They’ve changed it and now require a $100 non-refundable deposit. It apparently wasn’t worth the time and effort to continue to process refunds when people canceled orders.