Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my first Model S in 2013 and then a 2nd in 2017. Now I just ordered an X and I can say from my personal experience that the level of customer service around orders, deliveries and vehicle service has dropped dramatically since the release of the Model 3. I'm sure it has to do with the huge increase of their customer base, and the time it takes to get staffed, but it is still the reality and if they don't get in front of this issue, it will hurt them as a company. It is not changing my mind about Tesla as I just ordered another and will order the truck when it comes out, but I am concerned about the well being of Tesla. The also thing that will need to be improved is the supply chain for collision repair parts, this will affect us all either through personal experience or higher insurance premiums. Come on Tesla, pull it together! :):D

I bought my first Model S in 2013 and then a 2nd in 2017. Now I just ordered an X and I can say from my personal experience that the level of customer service around orders, deliveries and vehicle service has dropped dramatically since the release of the Model 3. I'm sure it has to do with the huge increase of their customer base, and the time it takes to get staffed, but it is still the reality and if they don't get in front of this issue, it will hurt them as a company. It is not changing my mind about Tesla as I just ordered another and will order the truck when it comes out, but I am concerned about the well being of Tesla. The also thing that will need to be improved is the supply chain for collision repair parts, this will affect us all either through personal experience or higher insurance premiums. Come on Tesla, pull it together! :):D

I couldn't agree more. The service was top notch when I bought my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. This 4th one has been udderly crap. System issues, lack of communication. The service has been steadily declining. The technology keeps me here; but the service makes me want to leave. So if they want to keep me long term, they better consistently beat everyone else in the tech space if they're not going to invest in service.

Reactions: Obsoletion
I couldn't agree more. The service was top notch when I bought my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. This 4th one has been udderly crap. System issues, lack of communication. The service has been steadily declining. The technology keeps me here; but the service makes me want to leave. So if they want to keep me long term, they better consistently beat everyone else in the tech space if they're not going to invest in service.
Communication and customer engagement could definitely improve from where it is right now. I ordered few days ago and asked my advisor if my application is complete and if anything pending from my side.. no reply!! It just shows that my contract is being finalized. Today got text message that my delivery address details and other things are incomplete in tesla account and they are not able to match vin. All of this stuff I have already filled. Sent an email to advisor again no reply yet

I ordered my Model X on Oct 9th. Today (Oct 23rd) I received an email from Tesla letting me know they were ready to schedule me to pick up my car. I chose the first available day the offered - Nov 6th. That will be 4 weeks from the date of order (if that date holds). My SA had suggested it would be 6-8 weeks, so I was prepared for an early Dec arrival. BTW, I'm in Dallas, TX.

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers