Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same situation here. I'm in bayarea/Fremont, I placed the order in late Sept and still haven't heard anything from Tesla. I cannot wait so I have cancelled the order and just got my deposit back. The worst thing is that I purchased a 22" wheel set from Tsportline the same day I place the order for the MX, now I need to sell the wheel set and losing a big money. Just if anyone interested the wheel set please PM me, $3800 obo.

First you order the model and features you want. Put $100 down and wait... Could be 4 weeks and could be 8 weeks for delivery.
Someone from Tesla will email you to sit tight.

Next will be a VIN (approximately 1 month waiting) but probably not a delivery date.
Keep checking your Tesla account to see if a delivery has been set.

Finally you will get notification of a delivery date. Insurance proof on that VIN is required so they can process the Tags in your state.
At least 7 days before delivery, finance is required and paid in full or however you will get the car (lease, finance or paid in full).

I ordered MX LR October 20, received a VIN on November 9 and delivery to Houston expected December 10.

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers
First you order the model and features you want. Put $100 down and wait... Could be 4 weeks and could be 8 weeks for delivery.
Someone from Tesla will email you to sit tight.

Next will be a VIN (approximately 1 month waiting) but probably not a delivery date.
Keep checking your Tesla account to see if a delivery has been set.

Finally you will get notification of a delivery date. Insurance proof on that VIN is required so they can process the Tags in your state.
At least 7 days before delivery, finance is required and paid in full or however you will get the car (lease, finance or paid in full).

I ordered MX LR October 20, received a VIN on November 9 and delivery to Houston expected December 10.

Ugh.... Ordered Oct 17th, still no VIN but they did say they expect delivery around 2nd week of Dec. Waiting sucks, esp after you've sold your car and now the family is down to one car.

Ugh.... Ordered Oct 17th, still no VIN but they did say they expect delivery around 2nd week of Dec. Waiting sucks, esp after you've sold your car and now the family is down to one car.
It seems non California deliveries have started. Mine is 10/21 near fremont factory and SA told last week of Nov or first week Dec. Not sure how thats going to happen , still waiting for a VIN.

Very helpful, thank you!
dmauro from HaloMods?

I ordered 10/14 to NV, USA with 2-3 week estimate, still no VIN. I received an invitation to a "Pre-Delivery Owner's Workshop" at my SC with dates through Dec 11, so I'm guessing they don't expect delivery before then. Will be out of town for first 3 weeks of Dec so I had them put a note on my account to hold the vehicle if it arrives then.

I also did not get a vin before getting my delivery date. Black/black LR 7 seater
Ordered 10/23, received a text 11/16 to choose my delivery date of 12/5-12/6. I chose 12/6. Spoke with my SA and she sent me the VIN. My Tesla account still doesn’t show my Vin or anything other than “prepare for delivery”.

Reactions: Billstickers
I also did not get a vin before getting my delivery date. Black/black LR 7 seater
Ordered 10/23, received a text 11/16 to choose my delivery date of 12/5-12/6. I chose 12/6. Spoke with my SA and she sent me the VIN. My Tesla account still doesn’t show my Vin or anything other than “prepare for delivery”.
my Tesla account also does not show the VIN but shows the Reservation Number and the delivery date, time and location. I was notified by email on the VIN and next day or so the delivery date appeared on the account page.

I live in Asia and moving back to USA (Houston) come 2020 so this will be my first car since 2003.

Ordered Oct. 26. Model X, blue, cream, 7 seater, in NorCal. No news yet. Hoping a Tesla rep can give an ETA this week.

Ordered Oct 20. Model X, red, black, 7 seater in CO. Called last week and they said call back in the first week of December.

The Order Tracker spreadsheet shows the newest VIN reported for anyone in the West was just assigned on 11/16 for a late-September order. Looks like they have a month's worth of orders before they get to ours...