Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MX black/black, 7 passenger, 20” wheels, long range on 10/31 and today I was able to pick a delivery date of 12/10. I haven’t received a VIN yet although it has one.
So I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow night (12/10) and received a call this afternoon. Someone from the delivery center/store said my car came in last week but they found it had a bad motor. It was sent back and another vehicle was ordered. Now I won’t get the new one until 12/19. The employee said they put notes in the system for the sales agent but apparently he was on vacation again. I picked up the cashiers check earlier in the day, had the insurance all squared away and was expecting to take delivery tomorrow. They said they would make it up to me somehow but I don’t know what what exactly that means or how much discretion they have for customer service issues such as this.

Even October Model 3 orders are getting delivered in Los Angles before ours, a few early November orders for 3s were already fulfilled last week apparently. I ordered mid-October and was expecting delays until early December, but this is getting ridiculous.

A quick
Just received this text message:

“Automated reminder from Tesla - because you have not completed all tasks in your Tesla account, you are at risk of delayed delivery for your Model X. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete Trade-in, Payment Method, and any other outstanding tasks in the next 72 hours.”

I finished everything I could back on 10/22. There is obviously something amiss with my order behind the scenes, but, both times I’ve had someone at Tesla review it, they saw nothing left to do.

I have called, emailed and texted everyone possible... not holding my breath though.

:(

UPDATE: The Advisor at my local SC told me today: "there was an IT problem with your account. They have created a ticket to have it fixed"

Super.

Final update. We ordered our Tesla Model X (6 seat) on November 14th. We took delivery yesterday.

One interesting note, they appear to have removed the motorized headrests, ours did not come with them. Trying to figure out what was add/removed in our particular hardware revision.

Final update. We ordered our Tesla Model X (6 seat) on November 14th. We took delivery yesterday.

One interesting note, they appear to have removed the motorized headrests, ours did not come with them. Trying to figure out what was add/removed in our particular hardware revision.

you have the new design seats that’s been discussed in another thread here.

A quick

UPDATE: The Advisor at my local SC told me today: "there was an IT problem with your account. They have created a ticket to have it fixed"

Super.
I had the same problems on my account. Tesla changed backend systems in late Oct / Nov, when I ordered and all needed tasks they were saved in the old system, when they finally moved my account over to the new system things got messed up. The sales lady I have been working got it all taken care of after a few emails.

PITA but didn't take much to fix.

I had the same problems on my account. Tesla changed backend systems in late Oct / Nov, when I ordered and all needed tasks they were saved in the old system, when they finally moved my account over to the new system things got messed up. The sales lady I have been working got it all taken care of after a few emails.

PITA but didn't take much to fix.

OK, good to hear. I figured I wasn't the only one...

Ordered September 20, VIN arrived November 14 and took delivery MX LR 12-10.
Mike @ Tesla North Houston was very helpful and already made most of the presets in the car.

NOTE*** Frunk is NOT a secure storage. Can be opened manually (Youtube)
Cruise Control takes a few miles to get adjusted (mine was 25)
Full Self Driving took 50 miles (and still needs attention every few minutes).
*Most Important, Full Self Driving picks up old white lines and other road markings. It will slam on the brakes, swerve out of lane and chase old lines. Living in Houston, roads are always being fixed and lanes added.
Works great on new roads that have not been majorly repaired.

Best of Luck to you all and Sayonara!!

Where are you located? I ordered mine 11/11 6 seat too. I haven't heard back at all

I am in Utah. This may/may not have anything to do with things, but I didn't bug anyone, at all. We watched the website like a hawk, and when it was time to pay, upload forms, etc. we were on it within minutes. The VIN showed up in the source code, and we didn't blink, we got the MVPA, submitted the paperwork, and they sent me a text that we could pick it up, and then called me to ask if I wanted to pick it up a day early.

When we got to the service center, a man was berating one of the tesla associates asking about when his car was going to show up. I'm not saying there is a correlation here, but I am glad I never became someone they would remember for being annoying.