Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was so excited to see VIN in source code and reached out to SA for expected delivery date. She is saying it is a pre-production vehicle and this assignment could change if quality control team doesn't approve the vehicle. Not sure if she was scaring me or what :p No delivery date, no MVPA in account. wondering what is pre-production :rolleyes:

I got my VIN Monday night like everyone else, got an email to choose a date that I'm "Unavailable" which was weird. Then my account was updated asking for payment. I made the payment they and the next day they took the money but I still have no delivery date. My assumption was that I was simply entering the Payment info and they'd debit it once I picked up the car but boy I was wrong.

So far this process has been absolutely terrible and to make matters even more ridiculous my old classmate that works in fremont said Tesla has asked them to volunteer to help get out Q4 deliveries because of course they are behind!!!!! Great cars, dumb operations and horrible customer experience. If this were anything else I would've canceled a long time ago! Our cars better be perfect!

I think all those source code VINs are just soft matches. It would take few more days or may be a week to get a clearer picture. It still in pre-prod then they would start production some day then QA and delivery.. I was so excited to see that VIN and thought delivery would happen before Christmas. Now can't say that :(

If I can't get delivery before Christmas, I'm canceling my order.

Edit: I just got ahold of the delivery center after calling and getting the VM for two days and told them I was traveling on the 24th. They said my X was still in the factory and should be ready by then, but it would be 'cutting it close'... 10/22 order

Last edited:
I got my VIN Monday night like everyone else, got an email to choose a date that I'm "Unavailable" which was weird. Then my account was updated asking for payment. I made the payment they and the next day they took the money but I still have no delivery date. My assumption was that I was simply entering the Payment info and they'd debit it once I picked up the car but boy I was wrong.

Wait - what? They asked for payment and took your money without so much as a delivery date?

Yeah - no. I'm not doing that. Nope.

Just received text my Model X is in transit! Wanted me to select an available delivery date - next Sunday or Monday. Picking up in Roseville @ 3+ hours from plant. Think I will pick up tomorrow. MX LR black on black FSD. Originally ordered 10/22

Was supposed to pick up our Model X on Tuesday. DS called and said it didn't pass inspection and a part needed to be replaced and rescheduled delivery for Friday. Just got a call right now from DS and they said they can't release any Model X or S until the new firmware is complete on Sunday. So we can't pick up our Model X until Sunday night or Monday. We've been waiting for 2 months already and this delay is just really frustrating.....

Was supposed to pick up our Model X on Tuesday. DS called and said it didn't pass inspection and a part needed to be replaced and rescheduled delivery for Friday. Just got a call right now from DS and they said they can't release any Model X or S until the new firmware is complete on Sunday. So we can't pick up our Model X until Sunday night or Monday. We've been waiting for 2 months already and this delay is just really frustrating.....

Well I made my appointment for tomorrow - 12/20 at 11:30 a.m. to pick up my X in Rocklin. Appointment has been confirmed on my account page.

Another day and other than VIN in source code. . .
Nothing,
Nada,
Nil,
Nought,
Zero,
Zilch,
Zip,
Zero.

order 11/8 LA area....
hope the magic show up

FWIW, I ordered about a week before you, 10/31, so hopefully you will hear any day now. Also don't wait for an email, I still don't have one. Keep an eye on your account where it says Delivery Appointment on the right side of the page, under "View Design Details." That's where is shows up.

So I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow night (12/10) and received a call this afternoon. Someone from the delivery center/store said my car came in last week but they found it had a bad motor. It was sent back and another vehicle was ordered. Now I won’t get the new one until 12/19. The employee said they put notes in the system for the sales agent but apparently he was on vacation again. I picked up the cashiers check earlier in the day, had the insurance all squared away and was expecting to take delivery tomorrow. They said they would make it up to me somehow but I don’t know what what exactly that means or how much discretion they have for customer service issues such as this.
So I left work an hour and a half early in order to get to the delivery center in Devon, PA to make my 5:00 appointment. I received a call while on my way saying I couldn’t take delivery today because they were notified from Tesla that a firmware update was needed for the seatbelts since it was delivered with the new seats. I asked them if this was also needed for all vehicles with the new seats and they said no, it was only for a handful of vehicles that were probably made in the same batch. The firmware update won’t be available until tomorrow so I am delayed once again. Makes me very concerned about the QA at the factory. What else is going to go wrong?

I had a confirmation for Saturday pick up in Scottsdale Arizona. Just received a text saying the car did not pass final inspection something about a bug found in the firmware that was safety related? They asked for an additional 3 days! Not sure if this was a real issue but find it hard to believe it’s just one car. Anyone else been getting this story?

I had a confirmation for Saturday pick up in Scottsdale Arizona. Just received a text saying the car did not pass final inspection something about a bug found in the firmware that was safety related? They asked for an additional 3 days! Not sure if this was a real issue but find it hard to believe it’s just one car. Anyone else been getting this story?
Right now, any communication would be good.

Reactions: racerx43