Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a confirmation for Saturday pick up in Scottsdale Arizona. Just received a text saying the car did not pass final inspection something about a bug found in the firmware that was safety related? They asked for an additional 3 days! Not sure if this was a real issue but find it hard to believe it’s just one car. Anyone else been getting this story?
A number of people have mentioned a seat or seatbelt related firmware issue.

Same. I took off work and Ubered from LA to Costa Mesa. They said the same regarding the firmware update. I was told that because of the new seats the firmware was not working and in turn the airbags were not working. They said theyll call me and send the car directly to my house when it is ready. I was pretty pissed because I did not receive a call or anything. My compensationw was an uber ride back home. So FYI. if you have an appointment, call them to make sure the car is available to be picked up

Same. I took off work and Ubered from LA to Costa Mesa. They said the same regarding the firmware update. I was told that because of the new seats the firmware was not working and in turn the airbags were not working. They said theyll call me and send the car directly to my house when it is ready. I was pretty pissed because I did not receive a call or anything. My compensationw was an uber ride back home. So FYI. if you have an appointment, call them to make sure the car is available to be picked up
Thanks - seems this is pretty much any car about to be delivered- I called back after you all replied and they said it’s a bug that Tesla engineers are working on in real time, and the sw push could happen at anytime.

Picked up my X at noon today from Rocklin/Roseville. LR black on black FSD. Originally. ordered 10/22. Everything looked great. Only issue had to wait for them to charge it - although they did say it was getting an "update" left with @200 miles and driving out to San Francisco - arrived with @70 miles left.

Picked up my X at noon today from Rocklin/Roseville. LR black on black FSD. Originally. ordered 10/22. Everything looked great. Only issue had to wait for them to charge it - although they did say it was getting an "update" left with @200 miles and driving out to San Francisco - arrived with @70 miles left.
Congratulations!! I am yet to be lucky :) Got vin on 12/16 and today SA told that its still in production and only end of next week possible.. ordered 10/21 :(

Reactions: msm859
So I left work an hour and a half early in order to get to the delivery center in Devon, PA to make my 5:00 appointment. I received a call while on my way saying I couldn’t take delivery today because they were notified from Tesla that a firmware update was needed for the seatbelts since it was delivered with the new seats. I asked them if this was also needed for all vehicles with the new seats and they said no, it was only for a handful of vehicles that were probably made in the same batch. The firmware update won’t be available until tomorrow so I am delayed once again. Makes me very concerned about the QA at the factory. What else is going to go wrong?
The delivery center did not get the firmware update today and this afternoon, they said maybe Monday. I just logged into my account and it now shows my delivery date is tomorrow at 10:30 am. It used to say 6:30 am. Communication stinks.

The delivery center did not get the firmware update today and this afternoon, they said maybe Monday. I just logged into my account and it now shows my delivery date is tomorrow at 10:30 am. It used to say 6:30 am. Communication stinks.

Finally got a delivery date for both cars Sunday and Monday. I called to make sure all software/firmware was up to date and ready to go but they couldn't confirm because the cars were on the transport. I'm not leaving the house until I have total confirmation that everything is ready even if I have to wait a day or 2. I've waited this long and I refuse to let them waste anymore of my time with poor communication. I want to avoid driving down and then being told. Oh.. your firmware is not up to date.

I have a delivery appointment today at 4:00pm at Marina Del Rey. Sunset is officially 4:48. I am concerned I won’t be able to examine the finish in very good daylight. I am thinking of going around 3:00 to see if I can inspect before my appointment. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Picked up my mxp today, only a few minor things to get the SC to look at after the year end rush.
Car is great - the new seats are great, no odd noises, build quality is good, trim matches and falcon wing doors are aligned too. Hope you all get your rides soon.

Picked up my mxp today, only a few minor things to get the SC to look at after the year end rush.
Car is great - the new seats are great, no odd noises, build quality is good, trim matches and falcon wing doors are aligned too. Hope you all get your rides soon.

Got mine too. Similar experience, a few minor issues scheduled for service but overall all is good. A regular MX LR (not 100P) but when we drove home with four people in the car and I put the pedal down half way it blew doors off my X5 5.0. Once I get used to it it is going to be a very fun car.

• Disagree
Reactions: jarvis240
Got mine too. Similar experience, a few minor issues scheduled for service but overall all is good. A regular MX LR (not 100P) but when we drove home with four people in the car and I put the pedal down half way it blew doors off my X5 5.0. Once I get used to it it is going to be a very fun car.

Would you mind sharing what the issues were? I scheduled to take delivery tomorrow

Would you mind sharing what the issues were? I scheduled to take delivery tomorrow
I had a small issue with the rear seats not folding smoothly-1 barely moved. It’s a 7 seater, they have electronic release and one just needs the SC to adjust something.
The other was a trim piece on the rear window that needs to get reglued it’s there but loose. The paint was perfect and I looked all over, had all the accessories in the frunk, and was detailed well.
I too got into the pedal (is a p unit with 22’s) and disappointed a jag f type with temp tags - rolls his window that said “you wanna go” - lol
I let him jump out and then proceeded to put him in the rear view mirror.
Next light - his wife says to him I thought this (the jag) was fast. - that thing scoots!
I have a feeling that this car will cause me a license suspension!
Be safe - have fun!

mine had three minor issues:
1. The drivers side door handle was not quite as flush as it could be. (I didn’t even see it, the SA pointed it out.)
2. The back trunk was very slightly misaligned. No one would notice this unless they were looking for it. It was within spec but will look at it when they look at items 1 and 3.
3. There is a half dollar size spot on the passenger side wheel well that was under sprayed and is a little rough. (Again SA caught this one) You can only see it when the falcon wing door is up. It’s the kind of thing you might not notice but as soon as I pointed it out you’d see it immediately. My concern with this one is I’m not sure how they I’ll fix it. I think they can improve it but not sure it will be 100%.
1 and 2 are easily fixed not so sure about #3 but we will see.
Owning this car is a totally different experience than any other. It is incredible but it takes some getting used to. I can certainly understand now why people drink the Tesla kool-aid as they do. Until you jump in the Tesla pool you really don’t get how far ahead this car is from all others.